Author Topic: Ghosts, do you believe?  (Read 9825 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Ghosts, do you believe?
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 12:48:03 am »

Get your mind out of the Monks (gutter) Habit Gary....... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Ghosts, do you believe?
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 09:26:17 am »
I have a hard time with this one.
My religous upbringing has always told me that "to be absent from the body is to be with the Father".
When ever I asked about Ghosts I was always told it was the devil and his minions trying to fool us.
The devil doesn't lie, I was told , he perverts the truth to make you doubt.
However, there are just too many people who have had experiences that seem to dismiss that notion. I feel if the devil were involved the experiences wouldn't be innocuous and peaceful as so many are.
I have seen pictures and the show Ghost Hunters which has some compelling evidence.
My mom,who is very religous, told me a story about an old lady who lived down the road from my great grandmother on a hill. She was a spinster and used to live with her sister until she was killed by lightning during a storm. Mom said she had somthing hanging on her wall that was always covered with black cloth. one day she asked about it and the lady showerd her. It was a mirror and onthe mirror was an imprint (like the negative on film) of a woman laying on a couch. The ineresting thing was there was a mist rising from the woman in the picture.
The lady said that when the lighting struck, it shot in through the open window hit her sister and shot into the mirror to make that image. She said the mist was her sisters soul leaving her body!
Had anyone else told me I would have doubted it but knowing my mother and how she is I know it's true.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"