Author Topic: Hollywoods Most Powerful List  (Read 2032 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Hollywoods Most Powerful List
« on: May 13, 2006, 03:15:58 pm »
 ??? I was perusing my latest copy of Premiere magazine and came upon the article for this years most powerful people in Hollywood.  The usual suspects all made it as well as producers, pr,  reps and other studio bigwigs.  To my surprise Jake made # 48, Ang is #47 and James Schamus is #50. Apparently some of the criteria to make the list are total career domestic box office dollars in addition to their 2005 box office numbers. While I am so happy for the 3 men above, where is Heath?? If anyone deserves accolades it is he!  I have no idea what his box office is, but I feel sad that he did not make the list.............. :'(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Hollywoods Most Powerful List
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 03:28:45 pm »
I feel your pain-I love Heath and his portrayal of Ennis delMar. But, even reading this board, Jake has more "fan appeal". He is a Hollywood boy and Heath is not. I suspect that no matter how great an actor Heath is, he just doesn't have the temperment or desire to play the Hollywood fame game. I think Jake is easier with that role.

Nothing can minimize Heath Ledger's acting ability-so there Premiere!

Heathen

slayers_creek_oth

Re: Hollywoods Most Powerful List
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 03:30:05 pm »
Well Jake's ($152 million) movies not only made more then Heaths ($142 million) did in 2005 but Jake was paid signigicantly more his roles (with the exception of BBM).  Jake pulled in a reported $5-7 million for his biggest 2005 release Jarhead (again excluding BBM) where as Heath made only $3 million for his biggest film The Brothers Grimm....

So I suppose in Hollywood terms Jake is the 'more powerful' of the two....though I agree....Heath does deserve the accolades....
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 03:31:59 pm by christopher_SLAYERS »