Author Topic: mouthing off about Oprah  (Read 1764 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
mouthing off about Oprah
« on: October 29, 2007, 11:29:29 pm »
This thread probably already exists somewhere... in one of the threads... forget which, I think Ellemeno (maybe, memory not so good as it once once) was stating that she found Oprah to be a scary person.  (Deepest apologies if I am paraphrasing incorrectly.)  And I was basically like, hmmph, never given Oprah much thought myself.  So I read on yahoo news today about Oprah running a school in South Africa and one of the 'matrons' (sounded like a sort of 'house-mom') getting suspended for allegations of abuse... What? Oprah is in charge of a school?  She apparently gave the girls her cell phone number and email.... (cause girls in south africa can easily call her cell?)  WHAT???  REALLY?  OPRAH IS REALLY QUALIFIED TO OVERSEE A SCHOOL???  I am sure I am missing the complete picture, but it just seemed, LUDICROUS.
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: mouthing off about Oprah
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:38:03 am »

Well Kell, she has built and funded this school with all her friends...mostly her rich friends from hollywood showing up to kick it off...It seems tome the richer she get the more prejudiced she becomes.  Anyway i dont care about that, but this woman at that school is apparently accused of improper touching of the children there..it is an all girls school,   So evidently some parents complained about her...But and this is the weird part,, they wont tell the name, and they are investigating, and wont release any information...so its been open a very small amount of time, and already a scandal.

Beautiful mind