Author Topic: What attracts you most  (Read 13963 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
What attracts you most
« on: October 31, 2007, 01:39:58 am »
What is it that sits your radar tingling, that gets your juices flowing, that makes you want to throw caution to the wind.  What attracts you most to a potential lover.  Looks maybe,  perfection of face and form, or is it just one feature or combo, nice eyes, great voice, pretty feet, big hands, bald heads?  Or is it Personality,  Charm, Poise, Humor?  Maybe you're all about the money and seeing and being seen?  Or is sex your measure, great mind blowing no holds barred physical attraction, the kind of chemistry that makes you see fireworks?

Tell us what attracts you most, inquiring minds want to know.   ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: What attracts you most
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 01:46:49 am »
Personality, sex and looks. Probably in that order.  :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 01:52:19 am »
For me it's Chemistry, that certain undefinable something that seems to draw you to another person like a magnet and you just KNOW it's right, then Personality, then Sex and if I'm lucky he looks good too!.... I was VERY lucky  ;)

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 11:57:02 am »
Personality. There is always that physical, someone is gorgeous, admire beauty thing. But if they are all show and no go than what the hell is the point.

I have known very attractive people who became ugly because they were ugly on the inside and not so attractive people who became beautiful because they are beautiful on the inside. Some people may say this is not true but for me it is. Maybe because I am ugly on the outside, I am more tuned into this.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 01:26:45 pm »
"Other": He doesn't wear board shorts.

;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 01:36:45 pm »
Let me be the first to publicly admit, that I am initially attracted by looks, but they better have something to back that up with

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 01:40:44 pm »
Lets see...Looks but don't have ta be good looking. In order I prefer Elks, Wolfes, Otters and then Bears. Then personality and lastly sex. But sex would be the hard part cause I always looked fer really strange thangs.

TampaTalon ^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

moremojo

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 01:44:02 pm »
The very first thing I notice is looks (I'm only human), but I don't go in for one kind of look. I'm attracted to lots of different "types" of guys. There's no physical formula that fits for me when trying to describe my attractions.

And then the personality comes into play, and this is very, very important. Like Wishes, I have had the experience of becoming acquainted with people whose looks were appealing, but lacked a commensurate personality, and the attraction withered; conversely, people who didn't attract notice at first on a purely physical basis can sometimes become beautiful in my eyes due to their charming inner qualities.

If the relationship develops into the physical realm, simpatico sex is essential if the relationship is to continue along those lines. The sex doesn't need to be "hot" or particularly passionate (in fact, I go in for more tender, gentle moods), but the sexual chemistry has to be there if the relationship is to have a physical component.

Lastly, I look for, or at least hope for a similar world-view or values in my partner. The values of the other would not have to mirror my own, but they would have to be ones I could respect (I couldn't date a virulent racist, for example). Compassion, sincerity, and the honoring of the life of the mind are all important aspects I hope to find in someone with whom I am intimate.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 01:58:11 pm »
I voted too.  The first thing I notice is looks of course, but like TampaTalon, it doesn't necessarily mean good looks. Personality is most important.  I also voted for money.  What you guys don't think money is important? Ha
Doesn't have to be a lot of money just responsibility with money...  Sex is good but really its not the most important thing to me.  I look for compatibility

Scott6373

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 02:02:08 pm »
I voted too.  The first thing I notice is looks of course, but like TampaTalon, it doesn't necessarily mean good looks. Personality is most important.  I also voted for money.  What you guys don't think money is important? Ha

Sure do, but the last time I went up to a guy and said I wanna f&*ck you, but let me see your financial statement first, it didn't go so well.   ;D :laugh:

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 02:04:16 pm »
Sure do, but the last time I went up to a guy and said I wanna f&*ck you, but let me see your financial statement first, it didn't go so well.   ;D :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh:   I get it, but i dont look at a lover as just a f*ck, I was thinking along the lines of relationships

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 02:06:43 pm »
Doesn't have to be a lot of money just responsibility with money...  Sex is good but really its not the most important thing to me.  I look for compatibility

Dev, I always had put money on the bottom of the list. Sure ya need it but ya know the old saying....

TampaTalon ^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Scott6373

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 02:07:29 pm »
:laugh: :laugh:   I get it, but i dont look at a lover as just a f*ck, I was thinking along the lines of relationships

Oh one of those...eh...gimme a happy, hunky, rich FB and I am all set...now...how do I get rid of my husband?  LOL

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 02:13:07 pm »
Oh one of those...eh...gimme a happy, hunky, rich FB and I am all set...now...how do I get rid of my husband?  LOL

You know at one time that would have been me too, but i grew up.  :P

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 02:15:50 pm »
Also, I would be happy in a small trailer that we would have to upright every morning!
<NAUGHTY>

TampaTalon ^">

Scott6373

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 02:15:57 pm »
You know at one time that would have been me too, but i grew up.  :P

Ok...now just what are you inferring Missy?  LOL

Scott6373

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 02:16:43 pm »
Also, I would be happy in a small trailer that we would have to upright every morning!
<NAUGHTY>

TampaTalon ^">

That's where a sling made of heavy duty latex comes in real handy!!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 02:19:21 pm »
<NAUGHTY>

TampaTalon ^">
::) :laugh: ;) :laugh: :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 02:20:01 pm »
Lets see...Looks but don't have ta be good looking. In order I prefer Elks, Wolfes, Otters and then Bears. Then personality and lastly sex. But sex would be the hard part cause I always looked fer really strange thangs.

TampaTalon ^">

OK, I know what a bear is and what an otter is, but what on earth are elks and wolves?  ???

This way of classifying men is getting a little too ... bestial ... for me.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 02:21:00 pm »
That's where a sling made of heavy duty latex comes in real handy!!
Ya got a point there Scott, I am going to old ta upright that trailer every morning  ;D

TampaTalon ^">

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 02:27:36 pm »
OK, I know what a bear is and what an otter is, but what on earth are elks and wolves?  ???

This way of classifying men is getting a little too ... bestial ... for me.  ;D

Elks are really tall dudes like Bullwinkle without the antlers and Wolves are medium tall dudes than are sorta toned. As far as flying squirrels, I'll leave that to Boris & Natasha  :)

TampaTalon ^">

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 04:01:04 pm »
"Other": He doesn't wear board shorts.

;)  ;D

:laugh:  Oh a definite MUST Jeff  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 04:03:54 pm »
Elks are really tall dudes like Bullwinkle without the antlers and Wolves are medium tall dudes than are sorta toned.

TampaTalon ^">

Who makes this stuff up anyway?  :laugh:

Scott6373

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 04:07:07 pm »
Who makes this stuff up anyway?  :laugh:

The Great Poobah Buffalo...hey...I'd rather be talking about wildlife than what color hanky you wear

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 04:16:02 pm »
I don't know, I voted personality, looks and other.
Looks are important. Doesn't matter what kind of personality you have, if no one wants to look at ya! LOL
Like Scott said, you better have something to back up the looks!
I love a sense of humor and a quick wit!!
I love kindness and compassion.
I also like a strong personality too. Someone who can stand up for themselves and has it all together.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 06:33:29 pm »
The Great Poobah Buffalo...hey...I'd rather be talking about wildlife than what color hanky you wear

Easy for you to say. I hear yours is dark blue on the left. ...

(See if he knows what that means. ...  ;D )

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 06:36:46 pm »
OK, I finally voted. I'm shallow, I just voted for looks.

Men are such stinkers, all I'm lookin' for anymore is a significant three-hour relationship--if it lasts that long--so I don't care if he's got the personality of a turnip, as long as he looks hot.

(Of course, money would be nice--so he could pay for the drinks. ...)

Did I mention I'm shallow?  ;D

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 06:39:41 pm »

Well I have carried it with me ever since hoping you would ask again...... :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 06:44:08 pm »
I am most attracted to looks, but if it is to go further, I am more into the personality and outlook he has. I am sure I have denighed myself the opportunity to meet many fine people because I am attracted to the looks first, but I'm human.  :-\
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 08:32:45 pm »
OK, I finally voted. I'm shallow, I just voted for looks.

Men are such stinkers, all I'm lookin' for anymore is a significant three-hour relationship--if it lasts that long--so I don't care if he's got the personality of a turnip, as long as he looks hot.

(Of course, money would be nice--so he could pay for the drinks. ...)

Did I mention I'm shallow?  ;D

I must be deprived -- I thought I saw "swallow" and thought, man -- something juicy to read!!  :P
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline dot-matrix

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 08:36:43 pm »
Bwwhahahaha!  I swear when I posted this poll I asked this question seriously but y'all are so funny!  I love it!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 09:29:19 pm »
I must be deprived -- I thought I saw "swallow" and thought, man -- something juicy to read!!  :P

Or maybe you just need your glasses checked. ...  ;)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 09:37:37 pm »
I voted for "personality" and "other".

I didn't vote for looks, because looks fade, and after that, you better be attracted to the other aspects that the person can bring to the table.

I've dated guys, and none of them would be considered "brad pitt" (but then, neither am I) be each one of them had personality, charm, sense of humor, was affectionate, opened minded, patient.

All of that rates above looks for me.

I have met people in my life that at first glance, I would have thought there would be no attraction, but after talking to them for some time, the attraction builds.

And I've met people who I thought were gorgeous, and after talking to them, found out that they were ugly as sin.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 02:28:57 pm »
I voted for "personality" and "other".

I didn't vote for looks, because looks fade, and after that, you better be attracted to the other aspects that the person can bring to the table.

I've dated guys, and none of them would be considered "brad pitt" (but then, neither am I) be each one of them had personality, charm, sense of humor, was affectionate, opened minded, patient.

All of that rates above looks for me.

I have met people in my life that at first glance, I would have thought there would be no attraction, but after talking to them for some time, the attraction builds.

And I've met people who I thought were gorgeous, and after talking to them, found out that they were ugly as sin.

I totally agree with you!  :)

And I think money is another "quality" that really doesn't matter in the long run. Money doesn't buy everything. I have a couple of friends that won't even speak to another man unless he looks like he can sweat tequila and fart 100 dollar bills.

Things like that make me sick.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2007, 02:03:29 am »
I have a couple of friends that won't even speak to another man unless he looks like he can sweat tequila and fart 100 dollar bills.

Things like that make me sick.

It makes me sick too!  But I must say, if I could do that (the bolded quote), I'd eat beans every day!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2007, 06:03:02 am »
on the top is personality.

the second is how the man gets along with me.

sex is not chosen, because i decided which man to marry first, then we have the sex. so it's not a factor in dating. besides, i was living in a village in middle Bali, and it is shameful for a youth to change his/her sexual partner without ending up marrying.

money can be collected together. it's the attitude toward money that is important.
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2007, 09:38:37 am »
Personality and sense of humour - nothing else matters... period.

A wonderful personality and SOH will make the plainest of faces look like the most beautiful thing you've ever seen...
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2007, 09:54:28 am »
A wonderful personality and SOH will make the plainest of faces look like the most beautiful thing you've ever seen...

I love that quote!

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2007, 10:02:39 am »
I love that quote!

Why thank you - i made it up all by myself!  ;D
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!