Author Topic: Thought  (Read 2743 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Thought
« on: October 31, 2007, 04:09:12 pm »
It just hit me.
Jack and Ennis had no pictures of each other! :(
That makes me so sad. No computers, cell phones or even telephones for that matter.
Jack had one but I don't know that Ennis ever did.
All they had was the mail.
Geeze!
I don't know how they did it.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

mvansand76

Re: Thought
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 04:15:36 pm »
  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I know what you mean, that makes me so sad too and I think about that a lot. I wish Ennis had one picture of his one true love to put next to the postcard of Brokeback mountain... I can't imagine how they did it either... :(

Scott6373

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 04:20:02 pm »
Some love is too painful to live with and without.  Some love can't be kept that close because it will burn you.  Some love is not meant to ever grow to old age.  Some love simply can't exist outside of our imagination.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 04:36:35 pm »
I have thought about that, and we never see them, but I feel like they kept one anothers cards and letters, and who knows, the imagination is free to allow them to take a picture or two. I hope so.

Sounds like a fanfic in genrmination.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

mvansand76

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 04:45:24 pm »
I have thought about that, and we never see them, but I feel like they kept one anothers cards and letters, and who knows, the imagination is free to allow them to take a picture or two. I hope so.

Sounds like a fanfic in genrmination.

I think there was a story in which Ennis gets a picture of Jack from his mother... can't remember in which...

Offline samwise_fan1965

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 12:29:00 am »
I've often thought about the fact that Ennis had no picture to remember Jack by.
In a way, I guess it's okay in that what's in his heart is a picture of Jack that is better than any photograph. It would be nice if maybe Jack had brought a camera just one time in twenty years, but I doubt Ennis would have been brave enough to have his picture taken.
I know I had a friend a long time ago that I would give anything to have a picture of (I guess we all have).
You know, if you go by the belief that Mrs. Twist knew Ennis would find the shirts, then maybe, just maybe, she had hoped someday Ennis would show up and maybe slipped a picture in the pocket. I think it would be nice even if it was a long shot.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 03:03:36 am »
You know, if you go by the belief that Mrs. Twist knew Ennis would find the shirts, then maybe, just maybe, she had hoped someday Ennis would show up and maybe slipped a picture in the pocket. I think it would be nice even if it was a long shot.

Welcome to BetterMost Samwise!  :)

That's a lovely thought about Mrs. Twist putting a pic there. It's a stretch, but lovely nonetheless.