Author Topic: "The Advocate" ariticle concerning gays  (Read 2957 times)

Offline ProwlAmongUs

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Have a great day. . .
"The Advocate" ariticle concerning gays
« on: May 14, 2006, 10:10:10 am »
Sorry if this is not the proper place to post this, but it is interesting. Jay Leno was taken to task for his unending gay jokes.

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid30116.asp
Nightmares may be products of our subconscious, but dreams are magic windows through which we see our desired reality.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: "The Advocate" ariticle concerning gays
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 08:51:46 pm »
Thank you very much for posting that link.  Jeff Whitty made a lot of valid points.  We'll have to keep our eyes open to see what/if any response it brings.

-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

TJ

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 09:14:06 pm »
I thought I had a comment about Jay Leno's stupid jokes here.

The only time that I have not seen Leno make fun of the Brokeback Mountain movie was when the stars were guests on his Tonight show.

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:19:03 am »
Who's Jay Leno?
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

Offline DecaturTxCowboy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 02:21:27 am »
Who's Jay Leno?

Nevermind, Googled the name.
Take it like a man - steady and strong, not a lot of fuss and carring on.  True to a promise, I can ride in any storm.  So bend over and take it like a man...Too much of a good thing is a good thing.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Jeff Whitty Letter to Jay Leno (The Advocate)
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 02:02:49 am »
I found a bit of a follow-up to Whitty's letter to Jay Leno.  It seems that Leno contacted Jeff Whitty directly and Whitty was interviewed on CNN.

The full text is found at http://www.whitless.com/leno.htm (entry dated 4/26/06)

Here's an excerpt:

"I spoke with Jay Leno yesterday, Tuesday, and we had a good and feisty chat.  I appreciated his call greatly.  I’m not sure I was able to articulate my position well, and we both seemed to be gazing into a puzzle, to which the only response is: comedy is tough.

As far as TV appearances, CNN is the first and last.  Talking blindly into a camera in London to Soledad O’Brien in New York was enough of the rabbit hole for one lifetime.  From all reports it went well, but enough of that.  My biggest fear is becoming a talking head, shouting down Ann Coulter."
I recommend hitting my site www.gayconspiracy.com for some more leisurely thoughts."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 02:04:34 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jeff Whitty Letter to Jay Leno (The Advocate)
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:14:10 pm »
I recommend hitting my site www.gayconspiracy.com for some more leisurely thoughts."

Oooh, loved the Gay Conspiricy manifesto Lynne!  I know a number of straight people that could be called "gay" in this way:

But I wouldn't want to exclude people who don't prefer members of the same gender.  I want all of my friends around.  So I've decided that the Gay Conspiracy is all-inclusive -- and to be Gay, from now on, one does not have to have any homosexual preferences whatsoever.  If you want to be Gay, you're in.  I thus offer a hearty welcome to any and all interested straight people.  You are now Gay.

Brilliant - I've never felt so inclusive! ;)
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare