Author Topic: What really pisses you off?  (Read 5762 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
What really pisses you off?
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:01:35 am »
Know what pissed me off last night? My youngest son, who is 9, went out on his first trick or treat with his dad. He had a halloween costume on and he knocked on peoples doors and said "trick or treat" in a nice cheerful happy voice, and most people were happy to give him a few sweets. One miserable old git however, saw him and said: "oh" and shut the door in his face and walked off!! >:( >:( >:(

ffs if you don,t like trick or treaters, fair enough, but you don,t have to be so damn rude to a little 9 year old kid do you? Some people just make me sick. He was really upset he was. :'(

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: What really pisses you off?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 11:22:52 am »

Mean and Rude behavior in general makes me mad.  There is no need for it.  It is only going to
hurt someone...  And you know what else makes me mad..When you are waiting in line to purchase
something, or to pay for your groceries...And the person on the checkstand, starts a conversation
about some inane subject, and proceeds to yak adnauseum..or talk on the phone, and never say a
word like,,"i'll be right with you, or just a moment please,  or anything, they dont even acknowledge you
being there...."

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:26:53 am »
What pisses me off?

Bad drivers.  you know the ones.  They tailgate people,  zig zag in and out of traffic, cross multiple lanes to get around and slip into a space in front of you that is hardly big enough to fit one car length.  All while doing 70 mph in congested traffic.

...and you forgot...their cell phone glued to the side of their head

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 03:01:12 pm »
Know what pissed me off last night? My youngest son, who is 9, went out on his first trick or treat with his dad. He had a halloween costume on and he knocked on peoples doors and said "trick or treat" in a nice cheerful happy voice, and most people were happy to give him a few sweets. One miserable old git however, saw him and said: "oh" and shut the door in his face and walked off!! >:( >:( >:(

ffs if you don,t like trick or treaters, fair enough, but you don,t have to be so damn rude to a little 9 year old kid do you? Some people just make me sick. He was really upset he was. :'(

Jesus, H., that's awful. I feel so sorry for your little boy. That sort of thing hurts when you're nine years old.  :'(

If he didn't want trick-or-treaters, what'd the ol' son-of-a-bitch answer the door for in the first place?  >:(

Heh, heh, if I were you, I'd fill a paper bag with dog poop, put it on his doorstep, set it on fire, ring the doorbell, and run away real fast. ...  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 07:57:52 pm »
Shit, that's hard, Siouxi.  It's sad for children to learn about such rudeness on a wonderful holiday.  I hope it didn't ruin his evening.

What really pisses me off?

Blatant hypocrisy and double-standards.  Never fails to just infuriate me.

From idiots in 'Red States" blathering about family values and morals and voting to keep gays from getting married, yet having the highest out of wedlock birthrate in the nation.  But if you called them on their own lack of 'morals' and 'family values', they get very angry and don't think you have the right to even question them.  Their private lives are private, and none of your business.

To old tribal leaders in South Africa who were happy for all the help they got from grassroot supporters and men and women around the world in the fight against apartheid, then once it was finally done away with, had no intention of granting women equal rights.  They pull out their bibles - the same ones that said it was a sin to keep men enslaved - and pointed out how it was perfectly OK to keep women in 2nd class human status.

God said so.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 08:56:35 pm »

God Souxi, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I feel terrible for your little boy!  :'(

I remember once when I was about 10 years old, my Dad found a tiny pin in a piece of my Halloween candy. It really hurt my feelings and scared me. I couldn't figure out WHY a total stranger would want to kill me. Parents were always warned to check their children's Halloween candy, and thank God my parents listened. But I'll never forget that experience.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 10:36:26 pm »

That's terrible!  It's so easy to not be bothered if you don't want.  The kids come around between 6:30 and 8:30 so Wait till 9 to turn your porch light on and don't answer your door.  Being rude and mean to a child is unconscionable.   It can get expensive, we have a lot of kids around us, so I spend $50 on candy and we hang spider web and lights and put a graveyard in our front yard complete with bony hands reaching out of the graves...every year and we sit out on the porch so we're REALLY encouraging the kids to come see us.  They are all so precious and so polite, almost every kid last night said thank you before they left us.  But they won't bother you if you leave your porch light off tell a little later.  Shhheeesh some people.
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 10:39:56 pm »
That's terrible!  It's so easy to not be bothered if you don't want.  The kids come around between 6:30 and 8:30 so Wait till 9 to turn your porch light on and don't answer your door.  Being rude and mean to a child is unconscionable.   It can get expensive, we have a lot of kids around us, so I spend $50 on candy and we hang spider web and lights and put a graveyard in our front yard complete with bony hands reaching out of the graves...every year and we sit out on the porch so we're REALLY encouraging the kids to come see us.  They are all so precious and so polite, almost every kid last night said thank you before they left us.  But they won't bother you if you leave your porch light off tell a little later.  Shhheeesh some people.

Gee, Dot, you sound like fun! Next year I want to come trick-or-treating at your house!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 10:48:13 pm »
Gee, Dot, you sound like fun! Next year I want to come trick-or-treating at your house!  ;D

Thanks Jeff, the kids all look forward to coming to our house.  About a month before they start waving at me and asking if we're going to decorate this year... I always say "of course!".  Bob and I love Halloween.  He dressed as Herman Munster and I was Minnie Mouse this year.   ;D  Bob wants to buy a fog machine for next year  ::)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 10:55:50 pm »
Thanks Jeff, the kids all look forward to coming to our house.  About a month before they start waving at me and asking if we're going to decorate this year... I always say "of course!".  Bob and I love Halloween.  He dressed as Herman Munster and I was Minnie Mouse this year.   ;D  Bob wants to buy a fog machine for next year  ::)

Yeehaw! That sounds like so much fun!

A fog machine! Wow!  :D