Author Topic: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows  (Read 50085 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 01:12:54 am »
Are you talking about the show called "The Flavor of Love"? I remember that show. I also remember when Pumpkin spit in Tiffany's face. Remember that? I remember Tiffany's dad too I think. I think Tiffany is so cute!  :)

Yeah, Sister Patterson HATES Midget Mac! Midget Mac is one of my favorites. He's funnier than hell. Remember when his group couldn't figure out a jingle for their product, and Midget Mac jumped up on the table and said "Our cologne smells so good you'll want to SMACK YOUR MOMMA!!!"   :laugh:  :laugh:

Yes--Flavor of Love is the show that launched New York. I saw the spitting scene---spitting is sooooo disgusting. Low class.

Tiffany's dad was mild-mannered -- probably why he's not on the show.

Midget Mac IS funny -- I didn't see the "Smack Your Momma" episode, tho. I've seen only a couple from this season.

Shows like this one are so.....cheesy, I guess I'd say, and so NOT "reality" -- but it would be fun to live in the fancy houses and get to hang out at all the cool places. And you probably get paid.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 02:54:20 pm »
it is not "Flavor of Love" it was "Flava of Love"!!

(not that I have ever seen it)

Isn't it funny how all these shows have such high ratings (for example Survivor) but no one watches them??

or won't ADMIT they are watching them... 8) 8) :laugh: :laugh:

That's what it is. Nobody will ADMIT to watching them, as indicated by some of the anonymous votes in this thread.  :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 09:57:54 am »
Sister Patterson: "You a freak. You freaky. You're a freak and you're nasty. You're bottom of the barrel nasty. You a FREAK and I bet you've hurt an animal too!"

I admit that I also watch 'I Love New York 2".

If I have a day off work during the week, I HAVE to watch Maury Povich.   "You are NOT the father."

lmao :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 03:58:01 pm »
I'll admit it!

I started watching Flavor of Love. I was crazy over Charm School and I'm watching I Love New York2. I like this one better than the first. I think the whole spirits in the house thing was staged this week though.

It is mindless but it's also fun and relaxing to sit back and watch these people train wreck. I'm not sure why but it is.  :D  Lets face it, these shows must be making money and people must be watching them or there would not be so many. I'm sure there will be more and I'll be watching.  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 04:41:13 pm »
I'll admit it!

I started watching Flavor of Love. I was crazy over Charm School and I'm watching I Love New York2. I like this one better than the first. I think the whole spirits in the house thing was staged this week though.

It is mindless but it's also fun and relaxing to sit back and watch these people train wreck. I'm not sure why but it is.  :D  Lets face it, these shows must be making money and people must be watching them or there would not be so many. I'm sure there will be more and I'll be watching.  ;D

You watch I Love New York, Wishes?? YAAAAYY!!!! Welcome to the club, girl friend! I thought for sure I was the only one who watched it. So far 4 of us have admitted to it. Anyone else? ;)

I watch a lot of those shows on VH1 and MTV. They are as stupid as hell, but also quite intriguing at the same time. :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Scott6373

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2007, 04:51:06 pm »
I simply can't abide stupidity in people...either in person or on television, and if there is one thing I hate more than stupidity, is a total lack of self respect, just to get your face, and in some recently popular new shows, genitalia plastered across the TV sets of America.

I have not come across one edifying show since the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (Marlin Perkins, yeah I am dating myself) went off the air.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2007, 04:58:11 pm »
I simply can't abide stupidity in people...either in person or on television, and if there is one thing I hate more than stupidity, is a total lack of self respect, just to get your face, and in some recently popular new shows, genitalia plastered across the TV sets of America.

I have not come across one edifying show since the original Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (Marlin Perkins, yeah I am dating myself) went off the air.

Heh. Dating me, too. I have fond childhood memories of that show. I think I had a crush on Jim Fowler and just didn't realize it.

What new shows are plastering somebody's junk across the TV sets of America?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:05 pm »

I used to like the Bill Maher show.  But dont see it anymore, because i dont have HBO.  The first gestapo tactical success by the Bush administration....i like the Colbert Report, and the Daily Show.  Funny and sarcastic.  Right up my alley...

Beautiful mind

Scott6373

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 05:01:59 pm »
Heh. Dating me, too. I have fond childhood memories of that show. I think I had a crush on Jim Fowler and just didn't realize it.

What new shows are plastering somebody's junk across the TV sets of America?

Clicking through the endless channels last night, I saw some lunacy on MTV...a reality show...about photographers, and there wasn't much left to the imagination as far as the models they were "shooting".  I'm no prude...but...bachelors, bachelorettes, survivors, idols, dancers, racers...they aren't selling success, they are selling to our desire to see people fail...like watching the proverbial car wreck

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 05:05:25 pm »
Clicking through the endless channels last night, I saw some lunacy on MTV...a reality show...about photographers, and there wasn't much left to the imagination as far as the models they were "shotting".  I'm no prude...but...bachelors, bachelorettes, survivors, idols, dancers, racers...they aren't selling success, they are selling to our desire to see people fail...like watching the proverbial car wreck

Thanks, Scott. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.