Author Topic: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows  (Read 49643 times)

injest

Re: Stupid and Mindless TV Shows
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2007, 12:59:06 am »
New Yorks boobs are fake? No way!  ;D Kidding of coarse. But really I can't wait for the reunion show to find out those two went south already. And a I Love New York 3. I'd watch.  :)

I can NOT believe I missed the finale...how did Buddha take it?

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 04:45:04 pm »
Don't worry, they will repeat it and repeat it and.........  :) So you you'll get to see it I'm sure. Actually and surprisingly he was pretty calm.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 07:36:41 pm »
Anyone heard of/watched the Trailer Park Boys?  It is a Canadian show ...
It is beyond trashy/ridiculous TV actually but there is a huge audience for it..

Another show I saw a few times a while ago was an Aussie show called Kath & Kim - they initially seemed to be an Aussie version of The Trailer park boys..LOL but I actually enjoyed a few episodes of that show.. quite funny.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 09:18:33 pm »
Does "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" warrant being labeled "stupid and mindless"?

I guess any show that has a scene such as this in it, probably should be so defined . . . .

Picture this . . . .

Queer guy enters straight guys bedroom and picks up underpants from floor, sniffs them and asks said straight guy, "Have you been eating Mexican?!"

Yep, probably is stupid and mindless. Having said that, however, I absolutely adored the show and would never miss an episode! They tried making an Australian spin-off, but it bombed badly. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2007, 02:26:45 am »
:laugh: ;D  

Sister Patterson must be happy that NY chose Tailor Made! I wonder what will happen with those two lovebirds to make way for ILNY3?

Well, I'm certain Tailor Made will not be the one to leave New York! It ain't happenin'!

But remember Tailor Made's "soon to be" ex wife once told Tiffany that he is a workaholic. So maybe she will become fed up with all his work and no play. That is a possibility.

Or MAYBE..... I dunno. :-\

We all know something will happen, because I'm sure they will want to do a Season 3 next year. I guess we will find out on January 4th. Ya'll are gonna watch the reunion, aren't ya?

I thought for sure she would pick Budda. Because this would have been a very easy path to Season 3. Budda was gorgeous, but he was also a player. Even my boyfriend Alex thought so.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 02:28:40 am »
Well, I'm certain Tailor Made will not be the one to leave New York! It ain't happenin'!

But remember Tailor Made's "soon to be" ex wife once told Tiffany that he is a workaholic. So maybe she will become fed up with all his work and no play. That is a possibility.

We all know something will happen, because I'm sure they will want to do a Season 3 next year. I guess we will find out on January 4th. Ya'll are gonna watch the reunion, aren't ya?

Sure, I'm gonna watch it! Tailor Made is smitten with NY, isn't he? Maybe his divorce won't go through fast enough for Tiff!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 02:29:10 am »

I think we have to....

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 02:36:28 am »
Sure, I'm gonna watch it! Tailor Made is smitten with NY, isn't he? Maybe his divorce won't go through fast enough for Tiff!!

Yes, Tailor Made is very smitten with Tiffany. I always thought he was rather cute too. Not sexy. Just cute. I love his face. He has beautiful brown eyes and a cute smile. I understand why Tiffany chose him. But PUNK was my favorite! OH LORD!!! He was absolutely beautiful!!!! Whoo!!

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 04:14:43 pm »
Does "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" warrant being labeled "stupid and mindless"?

Oh yeah, I would say that label fits QEFTSG.   :laugh:

I only saw a few episodes, but one that sticks out was when Carson went into the straight guys bedroom, and pulls a tapestry off the wall.  If I remember correctly, it was bright pink, with gold border, and Asian writing on the border.  He threw it around his shoulders, crouched down on the carpet, and said out loud.....

"check it out guys, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 07:16:02 pm »

Oh yeah, I would say that label fits QEFTSG.   :laugh:

I only saw a few episodes, but one that sticks out was when Carson went into the straight guys bedroom, and pulls a tapestry off the wall.  If I remember correctly, it was bright pink, with gold border, and Asian writing on the border.  He threw it around his shoulders, crouched down on the carpet, and said out loud.....

"check it out guys, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Drag Queen".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Carson was priceless. He acquired a cult following here in Oz and still visits regularly, in a formal capacity, as the guest of a large department store, to judge the haute couture at the Melbourne Cup (Oz version of Ascot / Kentucky Derby). QEFTSG is no longer shown in Oz. Is it still being made? It was enormously popular here. Always got huge ratings.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν