Author Topic: Thoughts  (Read 41911 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Thoughts
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 07:35:53 pm »
Thanks jstephens!

About Jack's wife in the BM film, you say to my comment: [
I think she could have been up to something Artiste. It is very sad what happened to your lover and very sad that his family has treated you the way they have. That must have been a very difficult thing for you to go through. I hope having as many friends as you have here on Bettermost somehow makes it easier to deal with.

/i]

Thanks for the thought of I having friends on Bettermost. My worries are that my situation is happening to many gay men, unfortunately! We, gay men as well as straights and others of goodwill, must find out more such cases and help others in many ways. Plus, the gay marriages in many countries such as Canada, England, France, Spain... plus some such efforts in the USA can help for us gay men to remain in our homes/houses, have rights to see our lover in the hospital, etc.; what do you think you, and to all of you here on Bettermost?

Hugs!!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 12:03:49 pm »

My worries are that my situation is happening to many gay men, unfortunately! We, gay men as well as straights and others of goodwill, must find out more such cases and help others in many ways. Plus, the gay marriages in many countries such as Canada, England, France, Spain... plus some such efforts in the USA can help for us gay men to remain in our homes/houses, have rights to see our lover in the hospital, etc.; what do you think you, and to all of you here on Bettermost?

Hugs!!

Aritste, since I don't have a lot of time to answer, I will just say a couple of things on this topic. I think this could be a thread in itself and it may be that one does exist speaking to these issues. In some ways to me it is not necessarily the idea of marriage, but the idea that a couple composed of two men or two women are treated so much differently than a man and woman in general. Of course this is not true of everyone, but I can look at my family who is accepting of me and even see this. Somehow I feel that if I were in a relationship it would not be treated the same way as if my sister is in a relationship with a man. In fact, I have already seen that in the past. This seems to become more evident as you expand it to society in general. It starts out at a very young age and I still see it. Little boys are asked "who's your girlfriend, oh I bet you have a girlfriend" and it is the same for little girls who are expected to have a boyfriend. And that feeling just seems to go on and on. Somehow it feels that the value of a same sex relationship becomes devalued. Society just doesn't seem to view it as meaning as much. So if two men or two women are in a relationship they tend to just get thrown out by families and others. Like you say it is not their house, it is still treated as more of a roommate situation and of course they can't see someone they love who they are in relationship with in the hospital because they are not immediate family. I have seen all these things happen to friends I have known. It may not be that way all over. It is in my corner of the world so that is all I can speak to.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2007, 12:29:34 pm »
This should be an interesting day!!! An old friend is coming by  :-\

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 04:27:50 pm »
 :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2008, 02:49:22 am »
Why do summer love songs always seem to mean that the end is near as soon as summer ends?

injest

« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2008, 03:02:34 am »
Why do summer love songs always seem to mean that the end is near as soon as summer ends?

I guess because it coincides with school and new beginnings....you cant' start something new til you end the last thing...

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2008, 03:23:23 am »
That makes sense........kind of like the other side with songs like "See You In September," "Sealed With A Kiss," and the like that talk about people forgetting people over the summer.