Author Topic: Brighten up Someone's Day Today!  (Read 2701 times)

Susiebell

Brighten up Someone's Day Today!
« on: November 06, 2007, 08:17:58 am »

What small something could you do to brighten up someone's day?

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Brighten up Someone's Day Today!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 07:02:17 pm »
I remember when I was in nursing school, one of my instructors told us this: Never underestimate the effect you have on other people. If you smile at someone and allow them to go ahead of you in the grocery line, that could have been the only kind thing someone did for them all day. Maybe someone didn't go home and hit their kid because someone was nice to them.

Anyway, she said it better and it made a lot of sense. I usually never remember it though in my day to day life.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:18:16 am »
Wishes - so true, ans susie - I've seen that before it lways brings a little tear to my eye - as do these extreme makeover: home edition programmes!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 10:36:30 pm »

I have adopted two of my dear Mum's sayings into my everday life and try my best to live by them every day:

"You attract more bees with honey than you do with vinegar."

and

"If you've got nothing good to say, then say nothing at all."

I'm a firm believer in "kindness." And that goes for being kind to myself, too. I think we're sometimes too overly judgmental of others and ourselves. We need to be kind to others and ourselves. Life is way too fleetingly brief to get bogged down in being bitter and twisted, mean and spiteful.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 08:24:42 pm »
I have adopted two of my dear Mum's sayings into my everday life and try my best to live by them every day:

"You attract more bees with honey than you do with vinegar."

and

"If you've got nothing good to say, then say nothing at all."

I'm a firm believer in "kindness." And that goes for being kind to myself, too. I think we're sometimes too overly judgmental of others and ourselves. We need to be kind to others and ourselves. Life is way too fleetingly brief to get bogged down in being bitter and twisted, mean and spiteful.  :D

My mom used to say the same thing to me about saying something nice, or dont say anything at ll.  Also, its so true to be good to yourself,.