Author Topic: Homophobic people  (Read 8130 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
Re: Homophobic people
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 01:53:25 am »
I agree. If you have power to get rid of him, use it. Don't engage him.

I agree with crayons here...No idea what this forum is about or what your moderator duties are, but BetterMost, I feel, is an exemplary model of an Internet forum..very simple rule - no personal attacks...if people don't want to play nice and abide by that one simple rule, they're gone, the end.  Engaging trolls in debate just feeds the discontent they are trying to sow - you have to be above that.

Regards,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 08:51:11 am »
I agree with crayons here...No idea what this forum is about or what your moderator duties are, but BetterMost, I feel, is an exemplary model of an Internet forum..very simple rule - no personal attacks...if people don't want to play nice and abide by that one simple rule, they're gone, the end.  Engaging trolls in debate just feeds the discontent they are trying to sow - you have to be above that.

Regards,
Lynne

Hiya Lynne.

I moderate in a big chat room in the UK, every day. We also have message boards where people can post their thoughts/opinions and general opinions freely. This guy has still not answered my question. Someone else has started up a post about gays now so if he replys on that thread I,ll let you know what he says. I often catch him sitting in chat, using a different user name to the one he uses on the boards, just watching people. Strange little man he is.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 09:55:31 am »
Awaiting... you news.

Keep care!

Hugs!

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 10:35:16 am »
On the site where I moderate in chat, we also have very lively message boards. Someone has started up a thread about gay marriage, and one of the replys has left me speechless, and I don,t know how to respond to it.
It says, and I quote:
"gays are sick in the same way pedophiles are sick. They need to be treated not encouraged"

Can you beleive that?? I mean I realise not everyone agrees with gays but thats a terrible thing to say.!! I need some of your views before I reply. I need to calm down as well.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I've heard and seen things like this too.

Actually, one time. I was told (this was once the person found out I'm on the autism spectrum and lesbian) the person then proceeded to tell me that I should get over my autism and repent for being lesbian. Ummm huh?

So he and she would prefer me to eat their brains then be myself? (in other words be a zombie)

No thank you.

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 12:15:03 pm »
On the site where I moderate in chat, we also have very lively message boards. Someone has started up a thread about gay marriage, and one of the replys has left me speechless, and I don,t know how to respond to it.
It says, and I quote:
"gays are sick in the same way pedophiles are sick. They need to be treated not encouraged"

Can you beleive that?? I mean I realise not everyone agrees with gays but thats a terrible thing to say.!! I need some of your views before I reply. I need to calm down as well.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

You have already replied, but the main way I deal with this kind of comment is to insist that the person that made it substantiate it.  Anybody can say anything, but saying it doesn't make it true.

Pedophiles take advantage of children in a way that is traumatic to them.  This is something we really don't want happening in our society.

Gays have adult to adult relationships, that may be very successful and last for decades.  Why shouldn't this be allowed?

"I don't like it" is not sufficient reason to legislate in a democracy.  There should be some damage done to society or its members that justify the restriction.  You need to insist they prove that it is 'sick' and substantiate what the damage is.

Wish him good luck, the APA tried for years and couldn't.  They kept coming out with opposite results and conclusions.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 10:56:31 am »
Thanks all!!

Well said Clude-B!

May I dare say that I suppose that all persons are homophobic, to a certain degree??

I am a gay male.

Hugs!