Author Topic: When is it too early to put Holiday lights/decorations up?  (Read 63447 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: When is it too early to put Holiday lights/decorations up?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 05:54:11 am »
She puts up 4 trees in her living room, 3 in her dining room, and at least one in every other room in the house.

:o You mean decorated Christmas trees? More than one? Let alone 10 + ? *gasp* that's hard to imagine for non-Americans. Anyone else who has more than one decorated Christmas tree?

I have a little decorated tree that sits in the closet all year. 

That's kinda funny. And convenient.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 07:24:59 am »
:laugh: Yes--decorated. And some have themes. One is all snowmen. One is all teddy bears. There are green ones, white ones, and one silver one that has one of those color wheels pointed at it. She's very energetic.   :)  One year the local paper did an article about her and her trees.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 09:23:50 am »
:laugh: Yes--decorated. And some have themes. One is all snowmen. One is all teddy bears. There are green ones, white ones, and one silver one that has one of those color wheels pointed at it. She's very energetic.   :)  One year the local paper did an article about her and her trees.
wow wee I'd hate to think of the cost of that!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2007, 01:17:13 pm »
My mother has 4. One is an angel tree. Another is for 'really good ornaments'. Another is themed, different each year and the 4th is traditional American, with ntive american ornaments, etc. These arenot live trees, Penthesilea. However they are not small, either...

It took years to accumulate the decorations. It's always best to buy after the holiday when it all goes on 50-75% off.
We have 1 tree and I make a damned production of it. I have enough ornaments for , uh, several trees. LOL. My wife says I get to do the tree. I have no idea why. I think she's afraid a guy who undecorated a tree 3 times to get it right might get critical....Plus, it took me 2 weeks to FIND the right tree. And know what? I ended up buying the first tree I saw and liked....
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 01:28:18 pm »
I have a little decorated tree that sits in the closet all year. I take it out in December.  ;D

I think I would do that, too, if I had the room to store a small, permanently decorated tree, for the time it would save in decorating in the busy holiday season.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 01:29:30 pm »
My wife says I get to do the tree. I have no idea why. I think she's afraid a guy who undecorated a tree 3 times to get it right might get critical....

Ya think, maybe?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Scott6373

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 01:32:05 pm »
I don't do any of the "decorating", but I sure do the "undecorating".

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2007, 01:45:52 pm »
I get to take the tree down too...

But hahahahJUNIOUR likes to put up the garland outside!
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 05:06:58 pm »
I think me and Chrissi need to come see an US christmas - post pictures puhleese - start a new thread of decorations!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 05:12:05 pm »
My mother has 4. One is an angel tree. Another is for 'really good ornaments'. Another is themed, different each year and the 4th is traditional American, with ntive american ornaments, etc. These arenot live trees, Penthesilea. However they are not small, either...

Wow. Artificial or 'real', four trees is simply  :o. Well, everything more than one tree I've never heard of until today...  :laugh:.

My wife says I get to do the tree. I have no idea why. I think she's afraid a guy who undecorated a tree 3 times to get it right might get critical....

:laugh: Now how comes this absurd thought to her mind?  ;) :laugh:

Plus, it took me 2 weeks to FIND the right tree. And know what? I ended up buying the first tree I saw and liked....

I hear Alanis Morissette: ... and isn't it ironic.... dontcha think...

He he. When we go looking for a tree, we are five persons and it takes us 10 minutes at most. We go to eaxctly one selling point; the one around the corner. My hubby doesn't say anything about the choice, he's only with us to carry it home  ;D. I shortlist the ones which have the right size and the kids and I choose among the ones that are available. Done!  :)