Author Topic: TOTW 15/07: Short story or movie, which one do you prefer?  (Read 39280 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: TOTW 15/07: Short story or movie, which one do you prefer?
« Reply #120 on: December 28, 2007, 12:48:01 pm »
If nothing else, at least do something before he's financially ruined.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: TOTW 15/07: Short story or movie, which one do you prefer?
« Reply #121 on: December 28, 2007, 01:43:38 pm »
Thanks Jeff Wrangler, thanks brokeplex, thanks brokebackjack, and thanks to all too!!

Wow, wow, you sure describe someone brokebackjack!! Your story even touches me about myself, may I say!

I do not know how to answer. I am now nervous a bit about your story... since it is I as well as about many others, I suppose. The only thing that comes to mind immediately is that we try to protect, since we like our comfort zone!! Is that it?

It reminds me about the lady that was murdered in Paskistan yesterday; she was intriguing and so brave!!
I want to open my country. People take freedom for granted... she said!! I feel that I must play my role in trying to save my country: Paskistan!! Her portrait is that she was the First woman to be president in an muslim country, was elected twice as that, her father had been too that but was hanged after for it or so by rivals, her two brothers were murdered too, but she returned to that instability as she wanted females to have a voice in such country, plus wanted it to be more democratic!! Her comfort zones as knowledge and that being herself, she continued towards freedom... since she believed that islam protected her even if she was christian educated (in Pakistan, then in the USA and England). Hard to say, but she advance even her comfort zone, it seems evident. And for others, as for freedom. She embraced freedom! She could have continued to live in another country like in England or in the USA, since she was very wealthy financially... likely still. Her comfort was reaching continued freedom!!

Freedom attracts some persons while others are like slaves...being in some ways, depressed or in fear??
We all take turns, I guess, in depression, like in the BM movie or story?? We all fear!!

I remember searching with a former pal many years ago, for an appartment to rent. So when we arrived, the owner of the house was to maybe rent to us, even if he was putting out his long time tenant who now had no money and was being put out in the street because he (this tenant) believed God was to give him $! I did not return to rent it! But the owner did not contact us neither, as he was likely anti-gay we felt! Some persons are too far gone, I guess, in order to cope alone!!

I was shocked, may I repeat this story. I heard recently on TV that most, or nearly half and maybe half (I can not remember) that soldiers who had been in the war, were living on the streets in the USA! Why? Is this more than comfort zone? My two nieces in California, once their first husbands returned from war, they (husband and wifes...) were not comfortable to live together anymore, so these ladies re-married and now have second husbands who are not former soldiers likely??!! For a former soldier, comfort zone for himself is very difficult. How to help and be helped??

The person I was sharing my art studio with in New York City was a former USA soldier. He felt that his life was hard... and did have to change it many times, since he had no choice. I saw that he sought comfort too!

You want some of my stories, real ones about moi? They seem to be about your story.

Concerning my next exhibition, it will be in Montreal, the end of September and the first week of October 2008, welcome... yes bienvenue!! You will be asking me questions or you will be answering mine?? Whatever will be, will be... as the song says!!

May we all continue as well as have our comfort zone plus newness, as to the short stories in our lives, or like in the BM movie in 2008 too!!
Hugs!!