Author Topic: Deep Dish or Thin Crust?  (Read 5833 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Deep Dish or Thin Crust?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 03:29:37 am »
 :o

I can't believe you call the one in the first pic a pizza at all. That's not a pizza, that's a quiche.
No way I would ever let it pass for a pizza. If I ordered a pizza and get *that*, I would say "Don't try to fool me no more, David. You didn't go up there in that kitchen to bring me pizza. David's Pizza? - David's QUICHE!"

That said, this tomato-cheese-based quiche in the first pic looks yummy and I would like to try it. I love pizza and I also like quiche.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 02:55:24 pm »
:o

I can't believe you call the one in the first pic a pizza at all. That's not a pizza, that's a quiche.
No way I would ever let it pass for a pizza. If I ordered a pizza and get *that*, I would say "Don't try to fool me no more, David. You didn't go up there in that kitchen to bring me pizza. David's Pizza? - David's QUICHE!"

That said, this tomato-cheese-based quiche in the first pic looks yummy and I would like to try it. I love pizza and I also like quiche.

Maybe that wasn't a very good picture of a deep dish pizza Chrissi. Here's a better one...

I remember Noble Roman's served the best deep dish pizza. The first time I ever tried it was at Noble Romans when I was about 15 years old. It was the best pizza I had ever tasted. A deep dish pizza is so big and hefty one slice fills me up. And you have to use a fork when you eat it. My favorite part of the pizza is the tomato sauce, and there is A LOT of tomato sauce in a deep dish! Yummy!! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 12:04:52 am »

Heya,

Well, I lived the first 14 years of my life in the Chicago area.  So, you know that I voted for think crust!  8) 

Even moving to Connecticut, then to Massachusetts, then to Philly and now to Pittsburgh couldn't take the thick crust-lover out of this girl.
 :)
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 04:26:50 am »
This thread is making me hungry!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2007, 04:38:54 am »
Pizza crust can never be too rich or too thin. 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America