Author Topic: Anybody seeing 'No Country For Old Men' ?  (Read 9104 times)

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Anybody seeing 'No Country For Old Men' ?
« on: November 15, 2007, 11:56:01 pm »
I know it will be bleak. Very very bleak. And violent.   It is based on a novel by Cormac McCarthy which I have not yet read, but having read The Road, I think I know what we're in for.    It's also directed by the Coen Brothers. 
But there's Javier Bardem and Tommy Lee Jones and more.    Should be good.  Are you up for it?
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Anybody seeing 'No Country For Old Men' ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:32:01 am »
I'd like to see it, but I will probably wait and rent it. It sounds like it's pretty intense.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 12:40:00 am »
Read abit about the film on IMDB and I am going to check it out when it opens here.  Don't know when that'll be though.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 12:42:30 am »
As I stated in this post,  Oh hell yeah!  :D  :D  :D

I'll either see it tomorrow night or sometime this weekend.  Been waitin' fer this one.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBqmKSAHc6w[/youtube]

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 12:44:02 am »
There are so many Coen Brothers movies that I really love... including Raising Arizona and Fargo at the top of my list for their films.  I even quite liked Barton Fink.

But, then there are some that I really don't like so much... like The Big Lebowski, for example.

I don't know... somehow I'm skeptical about this one based on the previews.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 12:57:27 am »
There are so many Coen Brothers movies that I really love... including Raising Arizona and Fargo at the top of my list for their films.  I even quite liked Barton Fink.

But, then there are some that I really don't like so much... like The Big Lebowski, for example.

"Raising Arizona" makes me laugh so hard! The babies are great. Crying Ed / Angry Ed-- hilarious. The jailbird brothers -- lol. I love that movie.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:58:38 am »

My hubby really wants to see this movie...I have a problem with these kinds of manipulative killer types.
I have trouble with watching them in a movie..But I will go and see it for his benefit...I love tommy Lee Jones.
But the subject matter is a bit out of my comfort zone.   I guess i am a bit of a wooss when it comes to
violence.  its odd that I watched Rendition, and Jesse James, and had no problems,,but I am just getting
odd vibes about this one..
      Please report back, and let me know how it was...may take going easier... :-\

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 01:36:54 am »

This movie will probably be brilliant, but the subject matter is not my cup of tea.  I'll pass, though I thought Fargo was excellent, Raising Arizona was very funny and I laughed so hard during The Big Lebowski I actually made no sound, I thought it so hysterical.

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 07:05:33 am »
I saw the previews for this when I went to see Lust,Caution over last weekend. I'm going to see it, definitely, but it hasn't gotten here yet. It doesn't strike me, from what I saw on the screen, as a blood and guts type of movie, or I wouldn't be interested. The way this guy is killing people seems to be very calm and quiet, for the most part. Maybe I'm way off base here, because I'm basing this on the preview, but it seems that the tension takes higher precedence than the blood.

It's got to be better than Lust, Caution!

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 08:29:56 pm »
Thank you for the trailer, sfericsf.   Looks great!   

I know it will be hard to watch and I might have to close my eyes now and then.   I will still do it though.
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"