Author Topic: [Community Announcement] Male Imagery Forum Spinoff  (Read 6374 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
[Community Announcement] Male Imagery Forum Spinoff
« on: November 21, 2007, 12:37:12 am »
Effective November 21st, the Male Imagery forum began a transition process to move it from its existing status as a forum on BetterMost to a brand new, enhanced, independent Gallery for the benefit of residents who enjoy sharing these images.  In general, forum software is not designed for lengthy image-oriented message threads as it makes image presentation bandwidth-intensive, uses a considerable amount of server process resources, and makes it darn hard to find images you may have enjoyed in the past.

Most image-oriented websites rely on gallery software which is designed from the ground up for visual content.  For several months, I have been testing various gallery software packages looking for something that will provide a much improved service for Male Imagery fans.

Additionally, because of concerns regarding the content of this forum, and the fact BetterMost itself is hosted in the state of Texas which has stricter laws in dealing with this type of content, it became prudent to move this content off the BetterMost server and spin it off onto a brand new server located in California, which presents us with fewer complications.

To help facilitate the transition, effective on this date Male Imagery will no longer be available to general residents on BetterMost, but during an interim period of about a week or so, those interested in continuing to receive access to the forum can send me a private message and I'll adjust your access level accordingly.  Just prior to the transition, you will be asked not to post additional material to the forum so it can be moved intact to the new server.

The new gallery will exist independently of BetterMost, but will continue to be under the administration of Sheriff Roland (as well as John Passaniti and myself).  We'll have more to say about the transition as it progresses, so those interested in this content should monitor the Town Hall for additional announcements.

It is my hope that this transition will open up a large number of new features and options for those enthusiastic participants there, and at the same time will help reduce any potential legal issues that may arise from the current location of our BetterMost server in Texas.

Thanks for your understanding, and I hope you'll enjoy the forthcoming changes!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 05:47:36 pm by Phillip Dampier »
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: [Community Announcement] Male Imagery Forum Spinoff
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 01:15:50 pm »
The messages from the existing Male Imagery forum have now been moved to the new site: www.maleimagegallery.com which will be up for testing purposes later this weekend.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: [Community Announcement] Male Imagery Forum Spinoff
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:20:52 pm »
Bump....  ;)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/