Author Topic: Happy THanksgiving!  (Read 219772 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Happy THanksgiving!
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2016, 11:43:10 am »
On my way to my brother and sister-in-law's place, buffalo  chicken dip and assorted dinner rolls/breads.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2016, 12:27:35 pm »
Thank you! That would be very sweet of you, if there is one to spare, but please don't deprive anyone else on my account.

I hope I didn't sound as if I was hinting. I just remember it, and that you weren't kiddin' when you said it was the. best. fruitcake. ever.  :)

I'll see what I can do!  Joey appreciates anyone who appreciates fruitcake.  I've always said that hers is the world's only edible fruitcake.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2016, 02:25:25 pm »
I'll see what I can do!  Joey appreciates anyone who appreciates fruitcake.  I've always said that hers is the world's only edible fruitcake.

Well, thank you! It's for sure the best fruitcake I've ever "et." And give her my love regardless!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2016, 04:27:28 pm »
Unfortunately our plans are somewhat up-in-the-air as I write this. We usually spend holidays at the home of my second cousin Mike, but my dad reported yesterday that Mike's father, my dad's cousin Bob had a heart attack Saturday, while he was feeding his chickens. He is presently hospitalized, but I know nothing of his condition. Dad suggested we might be staying home, just the two of us.

Well, it seems Cousin Bob is going to need heart surgery.  :(  As of last night, my dad told me we are still expected for dinner Thursday, but I guess it will be a rather somber Thanksgiving Day.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2016, 05:44:56 pm »
On my way to my brother and sister-in-law's place, buffalo  chicken dip and assorted dinner rolls/breads.

Wait, is it today?

I thought American Holy Turkey Day was Thursday?

*confused*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #255 on: November 22, 2016, 07:53:55 pm »
Well, it seems Cousin Bob is going to need heart surgery.  :(  As of last night, my dad told me we are still expected for dinner Thursday, but I guess it will be a rather somber Thanksgiving Day.

Well, bring a nice Beaujolais, that will cheer everyone up. I've hit a hitch in my Thanksgiving giddyup tonight, as my Mom requested me to bring grape salad to the potluck at the church. I looked it up in her cookbook, and it calls for, (take a breath here) grape jello, frozen grape juice concentrate, canned pineapple, cream cheese, Dream Whip, Miracle Whip, (I'm gagging) and miniature marshmallows!! What to do? There are quite a few foodies at church including one lady whose son is the executive chef at the Little Nell in Aspen. Answer: I'm making the grape salad, but an additional dish to take to hopefully redeem myself. Well, that's just what you do for your elders.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2016, 11:30:25 pm »
Well, bring a nice Beaujolais, that will cheer everyone up.

Not my tee-totaling relatives, thank you, and not me when I've got to drive 50 miles home.

I've hit a hitch in my Thanksgiving giddyup tonight, as my Mom requested me to bring grape salad to the potluck at the church. I looked it up in her cookbook, and it calls for, (take a breath here) grape jello, frozen grape juice concentrate, canned pineapple, cream cheese, Dream Whip, Miracle Whip, (I'm gagging) and miniature marshmallows!! What to do? There are quite a few foodies at church including one lady whose son is the executive chef at the Little Nell in Aspen. Answer: I'm making the grape salad, but an additional dish to take to hopefully redeem myself. Well, that's just what you do for your elders.

Doesn't it include any actual grapes? Sounds kind of Fifties. The only thing I wouldn't care for is the miniature marshmallows. I don't like marshmallows.

It sounds a lot like something my boss says her family makes for the holidays. It involves cherries stuffed with cream cheese, in cherry jello. which includes a can of Coke in its mixing. Her parents are from the South. Apparently it's a Southern thing. It's said the Clintons had the head chef of the White House make it.

My dad told me this evening that Cousin Bob will have a triple by-pass tomorrow.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2016, 01:26:48 am »
Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends!
Hope everybody has a joyous time with family. :)
Jeff, good luck for your cousin and hopefully still a lovely Thanksgiving for the rest of you.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2016, 11:31:16 am »
Happy Thanksgiving, friends! I'm off to help Adam wrestle that turkey into the oven, then I'll be back to cook some more until it's time to party and eat!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2016, 01:02:27 pm »
Hey Everyone

Happy Thanks Giving!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day with lots of good food and great times!!!!