Author Topic: [From the Mayor] Friday November 23rd Update  (Read 2794 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
[From the Mayor] Friday November 23rd Update
« on: November 23, 2007, 11:12:34 am »
To The Residents of BetterMost:

Friday is errand day at the mayor's office, so I won't be online too much during the daytime hours, but I'm not headed for the shopping malls as today is crazy Black Friday where people sampede one another for 20% off an Elmo doll.

We've now informally ended the fall and we're now into the winter season, so we'll be tinkering with color scheme again to bring out the holiday colors and the winter imagery over the weekend.  The transition for the Male Imagery forum to its all-new site is progressing more or less on schedule, but the expected holiday delays in getting the license for the gallery software have come to fruition.  If the gallery software works well over there, we'll probably get another license for over here.

Please be sure to check out two new mini-forums (we're still trying to work out a name that sounds better than the detested 'child board' the software coding labels our smaller forums-inside-another-forum, so if you have ideas please share them) that we've launched recently.  Front-Ranger's The Rec Center is all about people meeting other people.  And Scott has introduced "Sending Up A Prayer" (Thoughts and Meditations), a new place where residents can make requests for good thoughts and/or prayers for situations in their lives, or the lives of those close to them.

Later tonight, we'll have some more threads to visit and news to report on our news banner, always located at the top of the forum home page.  I chose today's image as a reminder that even as we get further and further out from the movie, we always manage to come right back!  It's a picture taken from near one of the movie filming sites, down Route 40 in Kananaskis Country, Alberta.  Winter has truly set in up there, with temperatures ranging from one to ten degrees overnights, and into the teens and twenties during the day.

Have a great Friday!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: [From the Mayor] Friday November 23rd Update
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 01:58:54 pm »
Thanks for the update, Phillip.  I love the picture you chose for the banner.  What a gorgeous place Alberta is!  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 03:58:29 pm »
This update is a great idea.  I love how vital our little town is. 

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 05:13:25 pm »
Thanks for the positive comments folks.  It dawned on me we should have an area for people to talk about what is going on around here, and also keep it a bit personal about what we're working on, and what keeps getting in the way (always something technical)!

There's never enough room on the news banner, so let's give this a shot.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming