Author Topic: Stop the Hate  (Read 34558 times)

Dagi

Re: Favorite Christmas Songs
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2007, 08:30:42 am »
Cool!!  Wish I could sing opera!

Hope your sore throat goes away soon!  :-*

Susie  :D

Thanks, Susie honey, it´s not severe.  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2007, 09:32:22 pm »
Thanks, Susie honey, it´s not severe.  :)

I hope you feel better real soon Dagi. Sore throats are miserable. My Mother used to mix up a batch of cough and sore throat medicine and it always seemed to work too. Apparently it is an old family remedy handed down on my Mother's side of the family for generations. But lately I've found it isn't all the much of a secret. Quite a few people are familiar with it. Anyway, she mixed 4 parts honey, and one part whiskey together and then she added just a little bit of lemon juice and shook it up to mix it together. She would then give me one tablespoon of the mixture and it never failed to calm my cough and soothe my sore throat. You might want to give it a try sometime! it tastes pretty good too! :)

Damn, David.  You really are gay.   :P   :laugh:

Have you ever noticed that in the gay personals it's always the guys who say "please, no drama" that turn out to be the biggest drama queens?   :laugh:

Gary

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Yes Gary. I REALLY am gay!!!  :)

Here's another Christmas song I love. It is Concerto Grosso in G minor, op.6 no. 8, by Arcangelo Corelli, otherwise known as The Christmas Concerto. It was written in 1714.

I have played this concerto many times with my musician friends. I've played both the violin and cello parts of the concerto. In spite of its name, this concerto is frequently heard any time of the year, but it is especially beautiful during the Christmas season, which is when we always played it. :)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4SLTdmJ5mI[/youtube]

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Dagi

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 04:26:50 am »
I hope you feel better real soon Dagi. Sore throats are miserable. My Mother used to mix up a batch of cough and sore throat medicine and it always seemed to work too. Apparently it is an old family remedy handed down on my Mother's side of the family for generations. But lately I've found it isn't all the much of a secret. Quite a few people are familiar with it. Anyway, she mixed 4 parts honey, and one part whiskey together and then she added just a little bit of lemon juice and shook it up to mix it together. She would then give me one tablespoon of the mixture and it never failed to calm my cough and soothe my sore throat. You might want to give it a try sometime! it tastes pretty good too! :)

Thank you, David. Have you already been told today that you are a sweetheart? Well, in case not, let me tell you you really are. :) I´ll give it a try, it sounds as if it might taste not too bad! (Am I allowed to take more than one tablespoon?   ;D)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 04:33:10 am »
Thank you, David. Have you already been told today that you are a sweetheart? Well, in case not, let me tell you you really are. :) I´ll give it a try, it sounds as if it might taste not too bad! (Am I allowed to take more than one tablespoon?   ;D)

Are you allowed to take more than one tablespoon, you ask? Only if you want to!!  ;)  :D

I've been known to down a half a bottle of the stuff.... in one gulp!!  :laugh:

You are a sweetheart too Dagi! I always look forward to reading your posts here on the forum. I'm so glad you decided to join our family last summer. You are a beautiful addition to our little community here.

Happy Holidays to you and all of your family and friends Dagi!  :D

Dagi

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 04:36:34 am »
Have you already been told today that.....uh, I guess you have. ;D Hugs and kisses to you, David, and Happy Holidays to you and your beloved ones, too!  :)

Dagi

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2007, 04:45:34 am »
Have you already been told today that.....uh, I guess you have. ;D Hugs and kisses to you, David, and Happy Holidays to you and your beloved ones, too!  :)

Dagi

Actually, nobody told me that today Dagi.. nor did I hear it yesterday for that matter! And I needed to hear it just now. Thank you for your kind words!!

{{{DAGI}}}  :-*

Another one of my favorite Christmas songs....

For Unto Us A Child Is Born, from G.F. Handel's "The Messiah".

Robert Shaw conducts The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and Chamber Chorus.

Absolutely beautiful!!

Oh! I almost forgot! In case you're wondering about the hairstyles, this is from 1987 folks!! We all wore big hair back then! Remember the mullet? I had one! *blush*  :-X

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9kjqpvkESs[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2007, 05:24:03 am »
I loved that, David.  Thanks.

And for the record, I think you're a sweetheart, too.   ;D

Aww! Thanks Gary! I liked you from the very minute I "met" you way back last summer! Like Dagi, you are a wonderful addition to BetterMost, and BetterMost is the better for it! (I swear I didn't mean for that to sound corny!). I am so glad you and Dagi and Susie came over to us. All three of you are golden assets to our forum! Happy Holidays to you and your family and friends Gary! :)

Dagi

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2007, 08:43:19 am »
I greatly enjoyed that one, David! Thanks for posting it. Actually I'm listening to it on a second browser for the second time while I'm writing this.

Thank you kindly for your lovely words, David.  :-* As for Susie and Gary:  Without my two dearest friends, and lovely folk like you, Bettermost would not be the same to me.

Dagi

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2007, 09:04:07 pm »
I greatly enjoyed that one, David! Thanks for posting it. Actually I'm listening to it on a second browser for the second time while I'm writing this.

Dagi

I'm glad you enjoyed it Dagi!! I think Mr. Handel is one of the greatest composers in history. He's definately one of my favorites, and I've always loved The Messiah. :)

Beautiful piece David!  And I didn't know you played the violin AND the cello .... not just a pretty face then!!  ;)

Susie 

Oh yes. I've been playing both the violin and cello since I was a youngster. I also play the piano and a little guitar and banjo. I seem to enjoy the string instruments for some reason. I wonder if there is something Fruedian about it?!! ;)   Although I did give both the saxaphone and trombone a try in elementary school, but I didn't like them very much. But, the violin and cello are not exactly crowd pleasers among my circle of friends. They will say things like "you play the violin and cello? WHY??"  :laugh: :laugh:

I'm happy you enjoyed the Christmas Concerto Susie! :D

Dagi

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 07:04:24 am »

At least my hands can do two different things at the same time now instead of trying to copy each other!   :D

Susie 

Definitely an ability that might be handy sometimes.  ;D Oops, sorry for the OT comment on a thread about Christmas songs... ::)