Author Topic: Keeping Up With The Sims  (Read 29733 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Keeping Up With The Sims
« on: November 29, 2007, 10:34:19 pm »
I have been playing The Sims 2 for a couple of years now. Before Sims 2 came out, I was busy playing The Sims (the original version). I love that game, and it just so happens my boyfriend also loves this game too. We both spend many hours playing The Sims 2 together.

Today we created a NEW Sims family. Currently we are building their new house and hope to move them in to it very soon. Our new family consists of 2 male adults (they are lovers) and three children, two dogs and a cat! We will be posting screenshots of our new Sims family as things continue to develop as we play the game. I promise you lots of action, drama, laughs and fun! Since it is Christmas, we will also decorate their new home with many Christmas trees and other holiday decorations.

Keep checking back and watch the story play out before your eyes with our uploaded screenshots! :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
Re: Keeping Up With The Sims
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 10:35:27 pm »

Feel free to post comments in this thread if you want to! You can even suggest things for our Sims to do, and we will try to incorporate it into the game, and we will tell you what happened!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 03:13:40 am »
Meet The Family!!

Back Row, from left to right....

Jake (son of Kendall), Terry (close friend of the family), Kendall, Adam and Cody (son of Adam)

Front Row, from left to right....

Bingo the cat, Jackson the Beagle puppy and Tracker

Kendall and Adam are lovers, and Terry is a close friend of the family. He is also gay. We will be spending much time finding a partner for Terry as he checks out and dates the other guys in the neighborhood.

Our Sims have just bought a new lot on Old School Road and their house is currently under construction. So far we only have the foundation built and the walls and roof up.  First we must finish building the house, and then we will decorate it. Since it is Christmas, we will be adding many holiday decorations both inside and outside of their home.

We will be posting many pictures of the inside and outside of the house, and we will be posting all the upcoming drama within the family, so stay tuned!!  :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 03:47:50 am »

I love this idea David.  I think it sounds like a great deal of fun.. :D

Beautiful mind

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 10:14:52 am »
Meet The Family!!

Back Row, from left to right....

Jake (son of Kendall), Terry (close friend of the family), Kendall, Adam and Cody (son of Adam)

Front Row, from left to right....

Bingo the cat, Jackson the Beagle puppy and Tracker

We will be posting many pictures of the inside and outside of the house, and we will be posting all the upcoming drama within the family, so stay tuned!!  :D

Very cool!  I played The Sims for a quite a while, until all the expansion packs became too much for my computer to handle. Also, I discovered cheat codes and they sort of ruined the game for me.  In order to get $imoleans I would have my main character seduce a succession of other characters and once they moved in, along with their net worth, the main Sim would pick fights until the other moved out.  It was cruel but less so then killing them off in a fire or something.  :laugh:  But then, with the cheat codes, getting $imoleans was just a matter of a few key strokes.

The Sims 2 seems to be much more elaborate, I may get back into it sometime.  I'll certainly visit this thread.  I think you should have them adopt a baby girl,  just so it's not a house full of guys?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 10:22:17 am »
David - this is so cool!!

(I've never been a huge game player - although I am quite enjoying wii sports at the mo.. Callum is a game player but never the Sims one)

But I agree - a little baby girl would be cute!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 05:03:57 pm »

I love this idea David.  I think it sounds like a great deal of fun.. :D

Thank you Janice! It is fun! And once our Sims have moved into their new house, maybe one of them will post a message here to you!! :D

Very cool!  I played The Sims for a quite a while, until all the expansion packs became too much for my computer to handle. Also, I discovered cheat codes and they sort of ruined the game for me.  In order to get $imoleans I would have my main character seduce a succession of other characters and once they moved in, along with their net worth, the main Sim would pick fights until the other moved out.  It was cruel but less so then killing them off in a fire or something.  :laugh:  But then, with the cheat codes, getting $imoleans was just a matter of a few key strokes.

The Sims 2 seems to be much more elaborate, I may get back into it sometime.  I'll certainly visit this thread.  I think you should have them adopt a baby girl,  just so it's not a house full of guys?

Hi Oilgun! Yes, we cheat sometimes too, but only with the money. We enjoy buliding and decorating the houses; this is one of the funnest parts of the game. So we use the "motherlode" cheat code. But that's about it, with the exception of turning the aging off. :)

David - this is so cool!!

(I've never been a huge game player - although I am quite enjoying wii sports at the mo.. Callum is a game player but never the Sims one)

But I agree - a little baby girl would be cute!

Hi Kelda! We may just take this advice from both you and Oilgun. In fact we decided to add a third floor to the house  for this very purpose. We will probably move the teenagers up to the third floor, and leave a bedroom open for the baby, if the adoption agency will agree to allowing Kendall and Adam to adopt a baby. I guess we'll find out won't we? Once our Sims are settled in, maybe one of them will post a message to you here in this thread, Kelda!! :)

Well, the house is coming along. Like I told Kelda, we decided to add a third floor in the attic, but it will be very nice and finished off so  they will be very comfortable up there. We also decided to add a game room above the garage. The outside of the house is just about finished. Now we will begin working on the rooms, and then add furniture and decorate.

Keep checking back for more updates!! :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 05:07:31 pm »
it looks like one big house!!!

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

injest

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 05:30:35 pm »
so if I buy a sims game can MY sims come visit YOUR sims? or are your sims anti rural people??

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 05:35:22 pm »
so if I buy a sims game can MY sims come visit YOUR sims? or are your sims anti rural people??

cna you do that? have sims from other peoples games interact with yours? wow! very fancy!!