Author Topic: TOTW 17/07: Why didn't Jack offer Ennis a ride when they got down the mountain?  (Read 24856 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

In a parallel universe.

(Cinematography by Rodrigo Prieto.  Artification by BetterMostian Toast.)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
That is wonderful and I hope for a very high turnout in June for the Ten Sleep event!

Many of us prefer to vacation in late July or early Aug, so we are organizing a complimentary, not competing, roundup in the Dubois area at that time. Dubois is near the Tetons and Jackson, so that works out for us as well. Many of us plan to then go up to Calgary for a pilgrimage afterwards. Best of luck in Ten Sleep! 

And best of luck to you too...I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Devil's Tower and Brokenback in mid-July and it was heavenly! I also went to Alberta at the end of July thanks to the organizers of the Alberta Pilgrimage event. That was a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

It might be helpful if you call your events something other than "Roundup" and "pilgrimage" to avoid confusion with these already-established events. (See the logo of the Roundup below)

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

Hi to all here!!

After seeing ten minutes ago a film about Sept.11th horror, I feel that Ennis was in such state of mind that he could not ask directly Jack for such a ride! And likewise for Jack!

After that infamous Setp. 11th, I felt numb and still do a lot... since even if I had made great friends in New York City since I had my art studio there for years previous to that, I have not gotten a reply to see if they are still alive...after that then and even to-day, no replies from any, unfortunately!! All always used to reply as we gladly communicated at times! Such event of dire time like Sept.11th are unforgettable to us all!!

Likewise, the sudden (before it's time descent of Ennis and Jack down from the mountain... since their jobs were too quickly finished create such a numbness in each and how they communicate now with dire thoughts and ways...like  being too careful, in order not to get hurt again!!

The thoughts of all here on Bettermost are most interesting on this question: Why didn't Jack offer Ennis a ride when they got down the mountain? Please accept too that I think that your recent comments, I find are very liked! (and I intend to come back to that later, if I may too)!! And maybe this numbness idea now can also be considered?

Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!! May the Bettermost spirit keep on and be lshared love!!

Hugs!!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator

In a parallel universe.

(Cinematography by Rodrigo Prieto.  Artification by BetterMostian Toast.)

Hey Elle!

Interesting image to introduce here. 

:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Artiste

Likewise, the sudden (before it's time descent of Ennis and Jack down from the mountain... since their jobs were too quickly finished create such a numbness in each and how they communicate now with dire thoughts and ways...like  being too careful, in order not to get hurt again!!

Maybe? What do you think?

Hugs!!