Author Topic: HUMAN INTEREST - Question  (Read 3225 times)

Offline Nikita111

• Sr. Ranch Hand
HUMAN INTEREST - Question
« on: December 09, 2007, 07:11:05 am »
I am just reading Human Interest by Madlori and in Chapter 22 when Jack shows Ennis's photo to a co-pasenger the guy told him Ennis resembled to Steve McQueen. And later Jack refers to Ennis as green-yed one.

I got stuck in here and I cannot go on since I was imagining them look like Jake and Heath. Especially since I have a great crush on Heath. I love his gentle brown eyes his jawline his face body everything. I am 26 years old and no Steve McQueen is appealing to me whatsoever neighter his yonger version. I feel a little dissapointed that now I should imagine him like Steve McQueen.

I feel like it kinda ruined the story for me.

I love Jake and Heath, they are so gorgeous  and I would love to be with any one of them as long as he wanted and for me as a straight female imagining them together, reading their sex scenes and even in the movie I find it thrilling but now it has been ruined by the vision of some dry weird wrinkled guy - Steve McQueen - RIP - mean no insult to you.

Help, did ever Madlori mentioned how she imagines them to look like? Help, relieve me.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: HUMAN INTEREST - Question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:46:16 am »

They are the same as in the movie...Jack is Jake, and Ennis is Heath...I have been reading this story since its inception.  There is no mention of him being anything but dark eyed..have you perhaps been reading it in a tranlated version..I can tell you that those
things dont do a very good job.
       Somewhere on her blog or on the thread she posts on there are even photoshopped
pictures of the characters...
        The mention of Steve McQueen was a reference of someone else.  It is not to be decided as a look allike.  Its an opinion ..I have heard his  look as like Clint Eastwood as
well.. Its just that.  A comparison..not a description.

Beautiful mind

Offline Nikita111

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 07:58:17 am »

They are the same as in the movie...Jack i Jake, and Ennis is Heath...I have been reading this story since its inception.  There is no mantion of him being anything but dark eyed..have you perhaps been reading it in a tranlated version..I can tell you that those
things dont do a very good job.
       Somewhere on her blog or on the thread she posts on there are even photoshopped
pictures of the characters...

No, it is grom Madlori LJ. Check it:

"Well, I think so." He looked up at Jack. "Do you have a picture?"

Jack pulled out his own wallet and showed him the one photo he carried with him. It was one Marianne had taken, at her daughter's third birthday party. They'd all been sitting around eating birthday cake and watching the antics of a party’s worth of kids hopped up on sugar. Marianne had caught him and Ennis looking at each other and laughing. It was Jack's favorite picture of them. They looked so free and happy, like nothing had ever or would ever turn out badly. "That's my Ennis," he said.

His seatmate smiled. “Wow. He looks like Steve McQueen.”
Jack frowned, turning the photo this way and that. “Y’think so?” He’d never noticed. “Huh. I kinda got a thing for Steve McQueen. Maybe that’s why. Y’really think so?”

and later in this chapter:

Ennis grunted. “Hey, you chattin’ up random fellas on airplanes, I oughta just be glad you weren’t in the bathroom joinin’ that Mile High club.”

Jack’s jaw dropped, as did his suitbag. “Oh no, you did not jus’ say that, you green-eyed sonofabitch.”

Ennis smirked. “What you gonna do ‘bout it, pansy-ass?”

Jack grabbed him around the waist from behind and lifted him right off the ground. Ennis bucked like a bronco, trying to throw him off. “Wait,” Jack said, pausing. “Where’s Lizzie?”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 10:21:21 am »
I can offer two explanations:

1) This story takes place in 1984 and at that point, Heath Ledger was 5 years old and not a movie star or world wide heart throb! So, looking at a picture, it had to be someone who was more contemporary in that time, and Steve McQueen would make sense.

2) "green-eyed" refers to being jealous. In English, we have an expression about the "green eyed monster" in which the monster comes out when someone is jealous. So I think in this case, Jack is referring to Ennis being jealous, not the actual color of his eyes.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Nikita111

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:34:51 am »
Hmm, that part with Steve McQueen comparison appropriate at that time came to my mind before. But I wasn't able to suddenly separate his appearance when thinking of Ennis. All I wish to keep the Heath image in my mind.

Thank you for hearing me out. I was anxious and frenzy and now I kinda releive.

8)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 10:51:09 am »
Glad I could help.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!