Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140402 times)

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 11:08:19 pm »
Hey-I thought Christmas was next week!!! I told my husband I've been a good girl but he wasn't agreeing. Now I've got proof. What a terrific present! I thought I was hallucinating when I saw you pop up on my friend's page Louise! (Chapter 3 already to boot.) And I am with Marie-I love all those Greenlea guys, although I do lean more towards E&C (Hugh-Yum!)

So yes I am squeeing here & getting ready to ignore Mt Laundry again in favor of a much needed slash fix.

Thank you so much Louise!

Fran
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 11:12:13 pm »
I am so glad I put smiles on some faces.  From the enormous hit count on my site I would say you guys and gals arent the only ones who have missed the boys!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 02:38:12 am »
I am so glad I put smiles on some faces.  From the enormous hit count on my site I would say you guys and gals arent the only ones who have missed the boys!

Well, this certainly puts a smile on my face!!

It's 7.30 am here and I have to go to work in about half an hour... :-\... oh, heck, I think I can get 'distracted' for one hour today, just like Leslie!  :laugh:

thanks Louise! What a great christmas present.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 02:37:31 pm »
Yep - still smiling :)

SPOILERS

OMG - I know we've said it before, but Ellery is priceless.  He is absolutely one of the most fascinating, complex and intriguing characters I've ever experienced.  And I think those words apply to the Wes/Ellery relationship also.  I love watching these two interact - beneath all the sassing and the grumbling and the lecturing, there is such a deep bond of love and respect between them.  Ellery needs someone to call him on his b.s. - and Wes never fails!

Which brings us to the equally fascinating Ellery/Dupreee dynamic - made all the more complicated when they're discussing Paula.  LOL! 

And I'm more convinced than ever that Ellery needs that spankin'!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 02:44:24 pm »

SPOILERS:

well the boy IS high on caffeine so he is being naughtier than normal.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 02:57:42 pm »
I agree Marie, a spanking and less cafeïne!  ;)  ::)

I thought Mel's intervention was sobering though. He really put Ellery's anger towards the whole Amos mess in perspective. The way Ellery was carrying on, it was as if he was the only one frustrated and upset about the new turn of events. Good thing that Wes and Mel are keeping their heads cool.

I hope some of Ellery's foul mood (Colson once called it a 'cranky ass mood'   :laugh:) wears off by the time he get home...

Great stuff Louise! As Ellery said 'it never gets old'! Yeehaw.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:45:57 am by belbbmfan »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 06:15:30 pm »
I dunno-I suggested a spankin', but if he gives Colson half the shit he's giving everyone else so far-he may end up bound & gagged too, sweethearts!! (Sorry-couldn't resist!)

But I agree Marie, I love the interaction between Wes/Ellery & Dupree/Ellery so much too. Ellery is high maintenance for sure, but Wes keeps him in line & I think he is trying to teach Dupree how to run interference when he can't be there.

Ellery does need to seriously cool it over this Amos thing though so he doesn't jeopardize landing those big fish. He needs to realize that that's the best way to get justice for Colson & the others is to get the ringleaders. Not to mention the political implications for Mel & Wes.
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 10:00:50 pm »
I thought Mel's intervention was sobering though. He really put Ellery's anger towards the whole Amos mess in perspective. The way Ellery was caring on, it was as if he was the only one frustrated and upset about the new turn of events. Good thing that Wes and Mel are keeping their heads cool.
Yes, Fabienne - an excellent observation about Mel.  Sobering and perspective are exactly the right words. I was very impressed with how Mel handled that conversation - and I think it had an impact on Ellery, too.

I dunno-I suggested a spankin', but if he gives Colson half the shit he's giving everyone else so far-he may end up bound & gagged too, sweethearts!! (Sorry-couldn't resist!)
Fran, I like the way your mind works!  LOL!  (Great avatar, btw!)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 10:09:53 pm »
Okay you girls get half of what you asked for:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/237184.html  'The Rookie, Chapter 4'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 10:48:59 pm »
Okay you girls get half of what you asked for:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/237184.html  'The Rookie, Chapter 4'

SPOILERS

Louise, being with these boys again is wonderful.  Seeing Ellery home with Colson and Jeremy home with Nick - makes me believe that all is right with the world.  Nope - that briefcase won't be opened tonight.  Naughty Ellery has to get that half of what we asked for first!   ;D

I really liked seeing Jeremy running his thoughts by Nick.  Their relationship seems to be maturing very nicely, and I think college will prove to be a good choice for Nicky, who has a smart brain to go with that smart mouth.  These two are so sweet together - "big college words!"  LOL!

Thanks, Louise!
Marie