Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 139322 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2008, 10:11:26 pm »
Yes, I think you've got that exactly right.  And I'm glad that you're also getting the tremendous comfort that you continue to give. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2008, 10:54:08 pm »

and chapter 34!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/245373.html

which brings us to Stake Out Night.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #172 on: January 25, 2008, 12:04:58 am »
I think that is part of what our fan forum is meant to be - a means of comforting and encouraging one another.  I believe part of Heath's mission in the world was to help the gay community and encourage those who saw 'Brokeback' to come out and to add energy to the pursuit of civil rights in America, and I believe that is what our writings will do as well.  There has been too much oppression, for much too long, and it is time that those who cannot be themselves without societal condemnation, have a voice and claim what they are denied.

That is why I write.

And I am most grateful & very happy to have discovered Greenlea (& this forum & members).

Well-my decision to read or not read was taken away when one of my husband's techs accidentally crashed our server & left me internetless all day. Of course, then I was pissed because I was cut off. In the end, it was a good thing though-I have three chapters to catch up on tonite. Ooohhh-Stake Out Night!!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #173 on: January 25, 2008, 02:18:03 am »
awww, glad you got back online!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #174 on: January 25, 2008, 02:59:49 am »
I haven't said much here the last couple of days. But once again I'm finding comfort in reading your story. I'm glad you're feeling that too Louise!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #175 on: January 25, 2008, 11:39:42 am »
I am really glad that I am serving a purpose by writing this... I would have felt compelled to start a story if I wasn't already in the middle of one!!!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #176 on: January 25, 2008, 01:58:36 pm »
And I am most grateful & very happy to have discovered Greenlea (& this forum & members).

((((((Fran)))))))) We're glad you're here, too.

.. But once again I'm finding comfort in reading your story. I'm glad you're feeling that too Louise!

(((((((Fabienne)))))))  Ditto, as usual.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #177 on: January 25, 2008, 03:03:57 pm »

Friendship improves happiness and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.
                                               -- Joseph Addison

Marie, that is beautiful.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #178 on: January 25, 2008, 08:06:17 pm »
needless to say, with the capture of Leon Sebastian and the impending indictment of Amos Marigold on new charges, I will be wrapping up the plot of "The Rookie" sooner than you think.

The question is, what to write about next.  I know most of you loyal readers have a burning desire for something or other, and while I would like to write the Puerto Rico story, I am not quite sure I have enough background/resources to do it as yet.

I guess that as I head into the final story arc of this story I would like some thoughts as to what comes next, with the understanding that I can do any or all of the suggested ideas if I can visualize them.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #179 on: January 25, 2008, 10:51:35 pm »