Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140349 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2008, 02:46:31 pm »
Great points, Fabienne and Fran!

Yep, I'm glad Jeremy has Ellery watching his back.  He understands what Jeremy is going through on many different levels. 

I like what you said about growing pains, Fran.  So true!  And then there are the "personal" entanglements also (some of which are related to those growing pains).  A complicated set of dynamics, for sure. 

As far as Ellery and women - reminds me of what he told Colson once, when Colson reminded him that he liked Edna.  Something about liking a woman when she's serving him food (and, I guess, caring for him in a motherly way).  And, while it's true that Ellery likes and respects Carol, she is his subordinate - and she's accustomed to his smart-ass ways.  And she (as far as we know) doesn't have a secret crush on him.   Needless to say, Paula is never going to be a mother figure to Ellery - LOL! - and she is never going to be his professional subordinate either.  Paula is a whole nother kettle of fish for Ellery, and I find his reactions to her fascinating.   I think it's going to take some attitude adjustments on the part of both Ellery and Paula in how they deal with each other.  I'd like to hear him discuss this with Colson and get his reaction.  And I do hope Paula can get some much-needed advice, too. 

Marie

P.S.   Fabienne and Fran - let's all hop on that plane!  Can you imagine the sheriff's office dealing with our "triumvirate"? LOL!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2008, 02:52:40 pm »

P.S.   Fabienne and Fran - let's all hop on that plane!  Can you imagine the sheriff's office dealing with our "triumvirate"? LOL!

:laugh:  :laugh:

All the violence, kidnappings, shooting and what not have not made Ellery quit his job. But this just might!

Thanks for the much needed laughs.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2008, 04:43:37 pm »
Great points, Fabienne and Fran!

Yep, I'm glad Jeremy has Ellery watching his back.  He understands what Jeremy is going through on many different levels. 

I like what you said about growing pains, Fran.  So true!  And then there are the "personal" entanglements also (some of which are related to those growing pains).  A complicated set of dynamics, for sure. 

As far as Ellery and women - reminds me of what he told Colson once, when Colson reminded him that he liked Edna.  Something about liking a woman when she's serving him food (and, I guess, caring for him in a motherly way).  And, while it's true that Ellery likes and respects Carol, she is his subordinate - and she's accustomed to his smart-ass ways.  And she (as far as we know) doesn't have a secret crush on him.   Needless to say, Paula is never going to be a mother figure to Ellery - LOL! - and she is never going to be his professional subordinate either.  Paula is a whole nother kettle of fish for Ellery, and I find his reactions to her fascinating.   I think it's going to take some attitude adjustments on the part of both Ellery and Paula in how they deal with each other.  I'd like to hear him discuss this with Colson and get his reaction.  And I do hope Paula can get some much-needed advice, too. 

Marie

[/b]

Gee Marie great point-what in the hell does Ellery make of a woman like Paula who is his professional equal?? Can't wink & flirt like she was a waitress or shop clerk & she absolutely isn't a maternal figure either. She's outside the scope of his experience with females! I keep forgetting a woman in Paula's position was still rare in the early 80's.

Now here's Ellery after about 5 minutes in our company "Sweetheart, come & save me!"  ;)
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2008, 05:01:33 pm »
I can just see him pushing one of you off his lap:  "An don't be rubbin that pillowy rump in my lap, missy!"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #204 on: January 28, 2008, 05:12:09 pm »
All the violence, kidnappings, shooting and what not have not made Ellery quit his job. But this just might!

Now here's Ellery after about 5 minutes in our company "Sweetheart, come & save me!"  ;)

I can just see him pushing one of you off his lap:  "An don't be rubbin that pillowy rump in my lap, missy!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  You guys are just what the doctor ordered!

And, yeah, while he's pushing one (or all) of us off his lap, he's calling Colson and telling him to barricade himself inside the house - and not to answer the door!  Cause he's scared we'll be after his man next! LOL!

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #205 on: January 28, 2008, 05:22:46 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  You guys are just what the doctor ordered!

And, yeah, while he's pushing one (or all) of us off his lap, he's calling Colson and telling him to barricade himself inside the house - and not to answer the door!  Cause he's scared we'll be after his man next! LOL!

Marie

well, you would, wouldn't you ?  Women have that "genetic predisposition to go after men" don't you know.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #206 on: January 28, 2008, 07:01:21 pm »
well, you would, wouldn't you ?  Women have that "genetic predisposition to go after men" don't you know.

Hell yes we'd be after his man!!

But not all men Louise-just hawt ones like E & C (and J & N)  No wonder Paula is unhappy-all the sexy, hot men in Tourmaline are gay & spoken for already.

And yes-laughter feels good!! Thanks ladies!!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #207 on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:05 pm »
I'm peddling as hard as I can to give you folks some entertainment considering the hardship we have all been under this past week.  It does seem like in some way it is paying off.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #208 on: January 28, 2008, 07:39:52 pm »
I'm peddling as hard as I can to give you folks some entertainment considering the hardship we have all been under this past week.  It does seem like in some way it is paying off.

And we appreciate it, Louise.  I can't seem to shake this veil of sadness that's covering me, but reading - and laughing - really does help. 

Hell yes we'd be after his man!!

I've already map-quested 609 Blake Street, Tourmaline, Arizona  ;)

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #209 on: January 28, 2008, 07:42:41 pm »
I think it will pass in its own time, Marie, I really do.

A flicker of bright news:  after setting up and editing 15 chapters of Looking for Answers, yesterday saw a record 400 hits on the tcreader website for the two books.  Yee haw!  I am hoping that we may see some new readers pop up in the Greenlea Tales main thread as a result.