Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140296 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #210 on: January 28, 2008, 08:02:27 pm »
I think it will pass in its own time, Marie, I really do.

A flicker of bright news:  after setting up and editing 15 chapters of Looking for Answers, yesterday saw a record 400 hits on the tcreader website for the two books.  Yee haw!  I am hoping that we may see some new readers pop up in the Greenlea Tales main thread as a result.

Thanks, Louise.  You're right, of course.  I know it will pass.  "..in its own time" is the perfect way to put that.

Yee haw is right!  Congratulations!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #211 on: January 28, 2008, 09:51:19 pm »
this should distract everyone for a few minutes!

Chapter 40  http://louisev.livejournal.com/246830.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #212 on: January 28, 2008, 11:19:40 pm »
this should distract everyone for a few minutes!

Chapter 40  http://louisev.livejournal.com/246830.html

SPOILERS

Loved it! It was great watching the rhythm of that phone conversation - both of them "scoring points."  Yep, Paula should have called Ellery and asked for a meeting between the three of them.  And how funny was this:

“So yer sayin this wasn’t a personal call? You really did want ta get this deal worked out?”

Jeremy is sweet - but he needs to learn that sometimes a little bit of guile can be useful.  LOL!  Because he just set himself up for my favorite part:

Not every woman in this town is lying in wait to capture you and rescue you from an evil life of homosexuality, regardless of what your Chief Deputy may fill your head with.”

“He don’t.”

"He don.'t"  Ha!  She almost quoted Ellery word-for-word!  But even though Jeremy can sometimes be guileless, he's very smart.  He has Ellery pegged perfectly.  And he also realizes that his Chief Deputy Legs and the A.D.A. are more alike than either of them know (or would probably care to admit). 

First-rate dialogue, as usual, Louise.  Okay, now for Round 2! 

Thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #213 on: January 29, 2008, 01:33:40 am »
SPOILER

Yes, Marie, fortunately for us and unfortunately for all of them, there WILL be a Round 2 before they get a plea agreement with the sulky little weasel, Leon Sebastian.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:16 pm »
and chapter 41, hot off the press!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/247238.html  'Chapter 41'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #215 on: January 29, 2008, 11:41:48 pm »
and chapter 41, hot off the press!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/247238.html  'Chapter 41'

SPOILERS

Aww, poor Jeremy.  Nothing worse than a head "full a legal shit"  I feel his pain.  LOL!   And poor Nick, too.  He's a smart cookie, our Nicky, and he can read his man like a book.

Well, now I really want to smack some sense into both Ellery and Paula.  The hell with the plea agreement and Amos Marigold - if their b.s. is getting in the way of our baby boys getting some nookie, then this is really serious! LOL!

“Good. I meant it ta be ambiguous so you’ll think about it.”

I love listening to these two. 

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2008, 12:25:53 pm »
Chapter 41

Well the rookie is catching crap from all over the place isn't he? Poor Jeremy-his man is feeling a little jealous & neglected & his boss & the ADA have him caught in the middle of their power struggle. He needs to step back, take a deep breath & really take a stand both personally & professionally or he's gonna end up with no man & Ellery's blood pressure problems himself.

I think Nicky just needs some reassuring & loving & then they need to sit down & talk about the reality of being an police officer's partner. It's not a 9-5 job & Jeremy will be bringing the stresses of the job home with him sometimes. (I personally think that Nick just needs to learn that when Jeremy has had a "bad" day at the office, he needs to meet him at the front door with those non-police issue restraints & get his focus back on what's really important!  ;))

As far as Paula & Ellery go, well I can't wait for that meeting, but that needs to be where Jeremy makes an impression on those two. (I also thinks Jeremy needs to touch base with his buddy Colson soon, that always makes him feel better)

Geez-I have an awful lot to say about things today, don't I? Too much damn coffee I guess....anyway nice look at Jeremy & Nick adjusting to their life together...looking forward to more!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2008, 02:17:39 pm »

SPOILERS

Aww, poor Jeremy.  Nothing worse than a head "full a legal shit"  I feel his pain.  LOL!   And poor Nick, too.  He's a smart cookie, our Nicky, and he can read his man like a book.

Well, now I really want to smack some sense into both Ellery and Paula.  The hell with the plea agreement and Amos Marigold - if their b.s. is getting in the way of our baby boys getting some nookie, then this is really serious! LOL!

“Good. I meant it ta be ambiguous so you’ll think about it.”

I love listening to these two. 

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

You have such a way with words Marie.  ::)  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2008, 02:18:46 pm »
Chapter 41

Well the rookie is catching crap from all over the place isn't he? Poor Jeremy-his man is feeling a little jealous & neglected & his boss & the ADA have him caught in the middle of their power struggle. He needs to step back, take a deep breath & really take a stand both personally & professionally or he's gonna end up with no man & Ellery's blood pressure problems himself.

I think Nicky just needs some reassuring & loving & then they need to sit down & talk about the reality of being an police officer's partner. It's not a 9-5 job & Jeremy will be bringing the stresses of the job home with him sometimes. (I personally think that Nick just needs to learn that when Jeremy has had a "bad" day at the office, he needs to meet him at the front door with those non-police issue restraints & get his focus back on what's really important!  ;))

As far as Paula & Ellery go, well I can't wait for that meeting, but that needs to be where Jeremy makes an impression on those two. (I also thinks Jeremy needs to touch base with his buddy Colson soon, that always makes him feel better)

Geez-I have an awful lot to say about things today, don't I? Too much damn coffee I guess....anyway nice look at Jeremy & Nick adjusting to their life together...looking forward to more!

And you too Fran!  ::)  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2008, 02:22:44 pm »

SPOILERS

four WHOLE days.  In the life of a 24 year old that is interminable!!!