Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140803 times)

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #250 on: February 01, 2008, 12:43:59 pm »
Are there any halfway decent single straight men on the streets of Tourmaline? Sometimes I think, if there was an ocean and beaches, it could be Provincetown, Massachusetts! LOL

L

;D or maybe Key West!  (hey Wes & Edna would get a kick out of a visit to the Keys on the way back from Puerto Rico!!)
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #251 on: February 01, 2008, 01:19:01 pm »
well now everyone has their own ideas about just how much of a pain in the ass Ellery is!

But I suppose, the way I am writing him, he is somewhat in denial about his skills in dealing with women, and trips over his ego repeatedly in trying to actually relate to someone who is his equal.  Good thing he has a steady relationship with Colson because his string of bad choices wasn't entirely the other guy's fault.  It's all part of my ongoing pursuit of making Ellery human despite his unabashed sexiness.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2008, 01:30:52 pm »
Are there any halfway decent single straight men on the streets of Tourmaline? Sometimes I think, if there was an ocean and beaches, it could be Provincetown, Massachusetts! LOL

L

Good question Leslie.

*looks to Louise*  :-\  ;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2008, 01:38:40 pm »
oh gee, I don't know...!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2008, 02:03:10 pm »
What can I say? We apparently have the same taste in sexy police officers and horse trainers muffins.  8)

Hee Hee!  And excellent taste, it is - if I do say so myself!

... he is somewhat in denial about his skills in dealing with women, and trips over his ego repeatedly in trying to actually relate to someone who is his equal.   Good thing he has a steady relationship with Colson because his string of bad choices wasn't entirely the other guy's fault.  It's all part of my ongoing pursuit of making Ellery human despite his unabashed sexiness.

Bingo!!!! Sometimes I want to kiss him, sometimes I want to smack him, and sometimes I want to hold a mirror up to his face- like when he's telling Colson about bossy people who always want to have the upper hand  ::) :laugh:  Your "ongoing pursuit" is succeeding brilliantly. 

Now there's a million dollar question if I ever heard one!  LOL!

I'd love to see Paula develop some friendships -  but I'm not so sure about Colson and Nick fitting the bill.  They may not have Ellery's women issues, but they definitely have the same "I know you want my man - but over my dead body are you getting anywhere near him" issues!  LOL!

Edna and Wes in Key West - love it!   ;D

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

P.S. When he told Paula that Jeremy was his partner and he'd defend him with his life?  Sigh.  Definitely a "want to kiss him" moment! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #255 on: February 01, 2008, 05:05:31 pm »

Bingo!!!! Sometimes I want to kiss him, sometimes I want to smack him, and sometimes I want to hold a mirror up to his face- like when he's telling Colson about bossy people who always want to have the upper hand   ::) :laugh:  Your "ongoing pursuit" is succeeding brilliantly. 

Oh absolutely Marie! Now we know why Colson feels the need to handcuff him to the bed so often!!  :)
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #256 on: February 01, 2008, 09:39:08 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #257 on: February 01, 2008, 11:47:08 pm »
and here is chapter 44:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/247868.html

SPOILERS

Nicely played, Ellery.  He demonstrates once again why it is that he can get away with being a cocky s.o.b sometimes - he's not just all talk. 

Jeremy and Ellery make great partners  - professionally speaking, of course!  LOL!  They really balance each other out.

“That somehow comforts me a great deal, Amos,” Ellery said....

Checkmate! 

Thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #258 on: February 02, 2008, 12:49:32 am »
Ellery always has a few tricks up his sleeve, along with those cuff marks!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #259 on: February 02, 2008, 02:33:58 pm »
Ellery always has a few tricks up his sleeve, along with those cuff marks!

And speaking of cuff marks Louise...............TOYS! :laugh: :laugh: