Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 139330 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #280 on: February 03, 2008, 04:13:43 pm »
Souxi are you so funny.  A champion for good old Ellery!  It's nice to know there are people rooting or the arrogant jackasses of the world Soux!!

Haha thanks Louise lol. I just love the guy, he,s so much like me, opinionated, big mouth, bad tempered, bless him lol.
*whispers *toys* in Louises ear and runs away*  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #281 on: February 03, 2008, 04:28:20 pm »
Haha thanks Louise lol. I just love the guy, he,s so much like me, opinionated, big mouth, bad tempered, bless him lol.
:

OMG Souxi, almost exactly Ellery's words...from Taking Chances, chapter 36 Choices

Ellery closed his hand over Colson’s. “And I like you just fine just like you are. If college boys turned me on...you already heard this speech I think in one a my tirades ta Bill. Maybe its time ta pull you over the side a the road Colson, an give you my own talkin to. I am a loud, mouthy, opinionated bastard who drives like a demon and spends way too much time at work thinkin way too much about other people’s troubles. I got a bad back, a bad temper, and I can’t cook for shit, which is why my kitchen is so nice an clean.

;D
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #282 on: February 03, 2008, 04:29:38 pm »
Oops - sorry, Fabienne.  Yeah, I guess those references might not be easily recognizable outside of the U.S. - "Ms." is a landmark feminist magazine first published in the 1970's.  "Maude" was a popular 1970's American sitcom about an outspoken feminist.  "The Feminine Mystique" is a book written in the 1960's that some think helped to ignite the contemporary women's movement. "N.O.W." is the "National Organization for Women."  Can't see Ellery doing any of these! LOL!

Have fun and be careful!

Marie

Hehehe, thanks for the explanation, but i think Ellery might finds this all a bit too much right now!  :laugh:
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #283 on: February 03, 2008, 04:40:26 pm »
OMG Souxi, almost exactly Ellery's words...from Taking Chances, chapter 36 Choices

Ellery closed his hand over Colson’s. “And I like you just fine just like you are. If college boys turned me on...you already heard this speech I think in one a my tirades ta Bill. Maybe its time ta pull you over the side a the road Colson, an give you my own talkin to. I am a loud, mouthy, opinionated bastard who drives like a demon and spends way too much time at work thinkin way too much about other people’s troubles. I got a bad back, a bad temper, and I can’t cook for shit, which is why my kitchen is so nice an clean.

;D

Hahaha, see? I,m even more like him...I have a bad back too. It,s a slight curvature of my spine. Years of nursing. I love Ellery, bless him.  ;D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #284 on: February 03, 2008, 09:28:47 pm »
Aww, we all love Ellery, souxi.   And so does Wes - which is why he was so hard on him.  He wants him to be the best chief deputy the county has ever had. 

(Love your new Heath picture, btw  :'(  I don't think I've seen that one before).

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #285 on: February 03, 2008, 09:40:39 pm »
Louise, I saw that Chapter 47 was up, so I'm going to go ahead and post the link:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/249265.html?view=2337457#t2337457

SPOILERS

Hard to see Ellery so subdued and "un-Ellery-like," but I hope it means he's really taken Wes's words to heart.  Maybe Colson can help him sort things out in his mind more clearly. 

Lovely to see how much Joe and the staff care about him.  And sweet, loyal, honest Jeremy - can't say enough about him.  I'm so glad he and Ellery are partners.  I feel for Wes, too.  That conversation had to hurt him as much as it did Ellery.  I really liked Wes's line about the good and bad in all of us.

Let's hope this means some fresh starts all around.  Great job, Louise.

Thanks,
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2008, 10:22:09 pm »
what? I didnt post the link?  I think today is 'Brain dead day' for me!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2008, 11:32:02 pm »
Bonus chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/249522.html  "Chapter 48"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2008, 05:14:44 am »
Aww, we all love Ellery, souxi.   And so does Wes - which is why he was so hard on him.  He wants him to be the best chief deputy the county has ever had. 

(Love your new Heath picture, btw  :'(  I don't think I've seen that one before).

Marie

Thats the point though Marie; Ellery already IS the best chief deputy he,s ever had. Poor Ellery. Louise can he have some ermmm, "cheering up" later please?  ;) ;)
Yes I love my siggy too, bless him. :'(

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2008, 08:44:06 am »
Souxi, you make me laugh - I'm sure Ellery appreciates the support, and I'll bet he would agree!  :laugh:

SPOILERS- Chapter 48

Oh my - I was afraid he'd hit the Glenfiddle.  Colson is the best - so full of concern, but also able to keep things in perspective.  But he knows his man doesn't he? 

“Did you swear at her or somethin?” Colson was suspicious.

:laugh: But I wanted to hug him when he told Ellery he didn't know what to make of him sometimes - yeah, a lot of people feel that way! LOL!

This whole thing may have been a wake-up call to Paula, too.  A very classy and smart move on her part to call Ellery.  There's been way too much personal b.s. interfering with their jobs - and not just on Ellery's part.  I'm curious to see Ellery's reaction once he sobers up!  On second thought, maybe her call did sober him up!

Thanks,
Marie