Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140374 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #310 on: February 05, 2008, 07:50:50 pm »
and you have to muck out mares while you're thinking of them, just to be authentic!

Or lacking a stall to muck, maybe she could change the kitty litter box!  ;D
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #311 on: February 05, 2008, 08:55:50 pm »
tsk, tsk, tsk.

Careful Souxi, or Wes Louise will have you writing an essay soon... ;D  ;)

Wooweeee ideas for Mr Coyote to try out on Ellery?? Oh boy my brain is going into overdrive now. I shall be dreaming up all sorts of naughty ideas lol. .......

and you have to muck out mares while you're thinking of them, just to be authentic!

Or lacking a stall to muck, maybe she could change the kitty litter box!  ;D

:laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:

At the risk of sounding like a beer commercial - I love you guys!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2008, 12:43:09 am »

hahaha...!   hope you all survived a night without a chapter, I'll be back on task when I get home from work at a normal hour tomorrow...!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2008, 01:25:54 am »

hahaha...!   hope you all survived a night without a chapter, I'll be back on task when I get home from work at a normal hour tomorrow...!

That's ok Louise-it gave me time to catch up on "A Second Chance" !!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2008, 03:21:27 am »
:laugh: :laugh:  :laugh:

At the risk of sounding like a beer commercial - I love you guys!

Marie

:laugh:

:-*
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2008, 03:40:48 pm »

Muck out mares???? You mean I actually have to clear up bloody horse shit?? grrrrrrrr. >:( Do you have any idea just how much I HATE horse shit? No? Well let me tell you all about it. You see when I drive to my parents house, through many quaint little English villages, sometimes people ride their horses on the road. BUT, as the horse trots merrily along the road, what does it deposit in great big steaming lumps??? SHIT!! >:( Bloody great lumps of the stuff and it gets all over my tyres!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr. >:( So I think I,ll just sit here and think steamy naughty thoughts about what Colson can do to Ellery in the bedroom without the horses thanks. The thing that pisses me off as well is, the rider just carries on merrily, and leaves the bloody shit there!! >:( I mean if you take your dog out for a walk, and it craps, you clear it up right? You don,t leave it there for people to come along and tread in and take home on the bottom of their shoe. So why don,t bloody horse owners clear it up!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrr. >:( Right end of rant about horses lol. :laugh:
Now I seriously need some cheering up here, so I want PLENTY of smut when I come back in the morning please Louise, accompanied by the sounds of begging and pleading and batteries.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2008, 06:05:07 pm »
I'll see what I can do, Souxi.  The plot must unfold as you know!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2008, 09:45:16 pm »
and speaking of plot unfolding:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250094.html  'Chapter 50'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2008, 11:49:00 pm »
and speaking of plot unfolding:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250094.html  'Chapter 50'

SPOILERS

Wow - Chapter 50!

“This is about Ellery, ain’t it? You got your Ellery face on.”

I love that Wes has an "Ellery face."  There's something touching about watching Wes and Edna acting like a typical mom and dad fretting over that boy of theirs with the smart mouth.  LOL!

Really nice talk between Wes and Mel.  They should treat them like grown-ups and let them work it out (of course, that's providing Ellery and Paula both start acting like grown-ups LOL!).  Those two need to learn to respect one another and that can't be done through intermediaries.  Paula has obviously done some thinking - and I'm wondering what Ellery will be thinking once he sobers up! 

Very nicely done, Louise.  I really needed a trip to Greenlea County today.  Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #319 on: February 07, 2008, 12:54:04 am »
After that sad autopsy report, I needed a trip to Greenlea too.  I also had a nice email from a new reader who just spent the last four days marathon-reading 'Taking Chances' and 'Looking for Answers' and is now wondering how she can go on waiting for more story!  So I put another 10 chapters of 'A Second Chance' up on the site.  The editing work is much easier on this story since a lot of it hinges on Ellery's past and the development of the characters at the Red Stallion.