Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140815 times)

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #320 on: February 07, 2008, 01:01:14 am »
Spoilers Chapter 50

There ya go! Let the professionals get on with professing & soon everybody will be feeling better & wanting some of Edna's good cookin'.

Again, a reminder of just how many levels you give us when you develop these characters. Wes losing his appetite cause he feels guilty about the way he had to slap Ellery down & with everyone reacting differently than he expected them to he's triple guessing his decisions.

I'm glad Mel was brought up to speed & gave Wes his perspective on where the communication breakdowns have been occurring between the Sheriff's ofc & his ofc. This really didn't happen overnight, but I think things are back on track (at least for now)

Edna will be so happy that she will be having company for dinner. She'll be baking her butt off!!

And don't think I missed that little part where Wes mentions whisking Ellery away for a few weeks!! (I smell a tropical breeze heading our way!!)

Yes Marie-I think today was another one of those Greenlea take me away sort of days!! I'll add my thanks to hers, Louise!!

Fran

ETA: Oh-I envy that lucky new reader that has so much great story to read for the first time. Yes-the autopsy report was sobering. Now, I need that boy to get his proper burial because I know how anxious I feel & I can't imagine how much worse his loved ones feel without that closure.
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2008, 01:45:58 am »
do you think it's possible that once the funeral is over and we all take those heartfelt eulogies from Heath's dad to heart that we will be able to actually move on and ENJOY LIFE as more than a series of little respites?  I sure hope so!!!

PRessing on to tomorrow!  thanks everyone, for being such loyal readers!  The hit counts have been amazing!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2008, 03:37:43 am »
and speaking of plot unfolding:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250094.html  'Chapter 50'

Gosh, Louise, after a gloomy day yesterday, this was a great way to start the day.

I love these little things and interactions with people that tell you so much about them. Like Edna pouring sugar into Wes's cup of coffee. I love details like that.

It's like she said 'I’m always right, Brownie'.  ;D

Great conversation between Mel and Wes. Now, let's hope Ellery and Paula get their act together and put away Amos for a very long time.

And then it's off to Puerto Rico! Yeah!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2008, 06:38:29 am »
Yeah ok I (reluctantly) agree that maybe Ellery has to learn to curb his sharp tongue just a bit, but not toooooo much. It,ll take away some of his charm. Maybe he can take his frustrations out on Colson when he gets home from work. :laugh: I like the way everyone at the station is sticking up for Ellery though and showing loyalty to him. Shows they think a lot of him. God bless Ellery.  ;D
Did someone mention Puerto Rico??? OOOOOO honeymoon, Ellery (Hugh) ;) in tiny denim shorts!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o *faints*
omg the visions in my head now lol.  :laugh:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2008, 09:54:17 pm »
and a bit of a chapter

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250313.html  'Chapter 51'
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #325 on: February 08, 2008, 03:37:48 pm »
and a bit of a chapter

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250313.html  'Chapter 51'

SPOILERS

Oh, this is a very interesting chapter!  So Jeeves has found someone from "out of town."  I'm curious about who that is - I do hope Jeeves can settle into a more permanent, fulfilling relationship.  He is a lonely man with a good heart.   Can't say I'm sorry to see the awful Jerry put in his place.

I also thought Lauren's comments about Jeremy and Nick were interesting.....he seems to be feeling a little abandoned by their departure, maybe even a little betrayed, somehow?   :-\  And speaking of Nick - which I always like to do  ;D  - is he working at the bar at all anymore?  I thought he was going in when his college schedule allowed? 

Never a dull moment in Tourmaline.  Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #326 on: February 08, 2008, 04:23:45 pm »
When Nick started school and got his expense money from his dad he stopped working at the bar.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #327 on: February 08, 2008, 04:41:07 pm »
When Nick started school and got his expense money from his dad he stopped working at the bar.

Ahh... got it!  I'm glad Nick won't have to run off to work just when Jeremy is getting home.  Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #328 on: February 08, 2008, 04:48:12 pm »
I know most of you saw my news about my cat Bill doing poorly, and while I am going to try to keep my nose to the grindstone this afternoon after work it is possible I might not have a chapter in me.

Just letting you know so you won't be disappointed.  Bill seems to be hanging on and my friend is giving him private duty care, so I can"t ask for better help for him, but I had a terribly restless night and may need a nap instead of writing practice!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2008, 04:53:58 pm »
Louise, no need to explain at all.  Get some rest. 

Marie