Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 139309 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #330 on: February 08, 2008, 06:31:31 pm »
awww now isn't that sweet of you!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #331 on: February 08, 2008, 09:06:45 pm »
and despite all expectations, my kitty seems to be doing better, and the muse was waiting when I arrived home!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250611.html#cutid1  'Chapter 52'
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #332 on: February 09, 2008, 12:39:11 pm »
and despite all expectations, my kitty seems to be doing better, and the muse was waiting when I arrived home!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250611.html#cutid1  'Chapter 52'

SPOILERS

Well, if Ellery is willing to spend the evening with Mrs. Emma Peel, I guess that can be counted as progress on his women issues LOL!

Poor Pinky and poor Wayne, too.  Kind of sweet that he thinks of Ellery and Colson as his parents.  I hope the fact that Wayne isn't allowed any access to Pinky will remind Ellery he needs to make an appointment with Stew......

Not quite the night Colson (or Ellery) had in mind, but I'm glad Wayne isn't alone. 

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #333 on: February 09, 2008, 02:35:02 pm »
thanks, Marie.

Well for everyone who doesn't follow my blog, my cat Bill passed away during the night, and I am having bad moments, but I will try to keep on with the story, since it is good to stay busy.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #334 on: February 09, 2008, 03:32:27 pm »
thanks, Marie.

Well for everyone who doesn't follow my blog, my cat Bill passed away during the night, and I am having bad moments, but I will try to keep on with the story, since it is good to stay busy.

Oh Louise I am sorry hun. Loosing a pet is bloody awful.
((((((((((((((((((((Louise)))))))))))))))))))

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #335 on: February 09, 2008, 05:45:16 pm »
thanks Souxi!  I have little bad moments and then cheer up, thinking about what a nice long, healthy live he lived, and how he was always a happy cat.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #336 on: February 09, 2008, 07:14:54 pm »
and here is the next chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250774.html  'Chapter 53'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #337 on: February 09, 2008, 08:50:16 pm »
the next chapter is fast on the way.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2008, 09:04:34 pm »
and here we are: chapter 54.  Enjoy!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/250896.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2008, 10:15:48 pm »
Wow - two chapters this evening!  I hope the writing is proving to be a comforting distraction for you.

SPOILERS

Aww...Wayne.  How sad. I did not see that coming, though, in retrospect, I probably should have.   That scare should prove to be a wake-up call for all of them in many respects, not the least of which is putting things in the proper perspective.  And I really didn't see this coming:

“Yer face don’t lie, Ellery. Now, I think I can go on.”

Uh oh.  Let's hope this is a temporary delusion on Wayne's part.  I'm glad Ellery has the means available to help - hard to think of all those men who didn't (and don't) have family or friends to provide that kind of assistance.  Ellery told Colson once that he opened the bar to give the gay population in Tourmaline a safe harbor of sorts, but I'll bet even he never imagined just how much it would be needed and how important it would become. 

A couple of very thoughtful and sobering chapters - really well done, Louise.  Thanks.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain