Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140397 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #360 on: February 15, 2008, 03:01:18 am »
And I'm back!

SPOILERS

Ellery smiled faintly. “I’m glad you got a head on your shoulders, sweetheart.”

“I’ll never forget how upset you were when I went after Worrell that time. I didn’t want ta see ya like that again.”

“Thank you, Colson. That means a lot ta me.”

Exactly! These two are so devouted to each other. Being there for each other in a time of need has been a constant in their relationship. And they both have learned to reign in their temper in doing so, putting the other one first.

Good to see Ellery's always thinking practical. You know, the 'big picture'.

And the girls with Wayne in the apartment? Well, that will be interesting for sure.

Thanks Louise.  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2008, 12:21:41 pm »

About those rooming arrangements.... Ellery did some thinking about it overnight....

stay tuned!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2008, 01:42:08 pm »

About those rooming arrangements.... Ellery did some thinking about it overnight....

stay tuned!

I will. I have an appointment with this thread at 9 am tomorrow morning!  ;)

(okay, it might be 10 if our kids let us sleep in.   :))
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2008, 01:59:43 pm »
SPOILERS

stay tuned!

Well, that's a relief.....I think.  There are minefields everywhere in this entire, terrible situation.  How long can they keep the truth from Laura?  I imagine she's going to have to find out eventually....

I keep remembering something Ellery said (I think to Simon) back in one of the Red Stallion chapters - it was after he and Colson had returned from that trip where Ellery developed the rib problem - he told Simon that his worst nightmare would be one of the girls showing up on their doorstep with a black eye and needing their help.  Sigh.  A lot worse than a black eye, isn't it? 

But, Fabienne said it beautifully.  Their devotion to each other is a constant.  And that, together with Ellery's law enforcement background and his sharp mind will be a great help in the days ahead.  Wonderful writing, Louise.

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2008, 02:25:28 pm »
It sure is a hell of a lot worse than a black eye Marie, but just imagine how Colsons rage, which is already at bliling point, will explode if she turns up WITH a black eye, split lip etc. My God he,ll go insane with rage. I shall be on the edge of my seat until tomorow morning Louise. I wonder about her realationship with her mother though. How awful that she feels she can,t tell her. God forbid it that were MY daughter I,d want to know, then I,d go after whoever had done it with a sledgehammer.  >:(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2008, 12:08:38 am »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2008, 12:11:26 am »
I was just coming to post the link! (I think that should be Chapter 60, Louise.)

SPOILERS

Well, it looks like Wayne and I were thinking along the same lines,which is actually a scary thought LOL!:

“Point I was gonna make is, ya got a trillion dollars, why not just get em an apartment?

Sounds like a plan.  Watching Jeremy put a hand on Colson's shoulder and Ellery place a hand on his other arm while they both offered their help was so touching - he's surrounded by love and support, and Pam will be, too.  Lovely.

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2008, 12:16:10 am »
yikes!

yes, 60. I should never count on my number buffer for nexting!

Just a warning for Saturday, first there's the DVD Film Festival, and then I am going to Santa Cruz in the evening for a midnight showing of 'Brokeback Mountain' - great little flick, maybe you have heard of it.  This may sound surprising, but I have never seen this film on the big screen in English.

So.... while I am going to try to whip off a chapter tomorrow, events may intervene!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2008, 12:33:43 am »
..... 'Brokeback Mountain' - great little flick, maybe you have heard of it.  This may sound surprising, but I have never seen this film on the big screen in English.

So.... while I am going to try to whip off a chapter tomorrow, events may intervene!

Hmmm....Brokeback Mountain?  Yes, sounds vaguely familiar... LOL!  Enjoy!

Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2008, 04:45:02 am »
Goodmorning Louise!

It's 9.45 am and here I am!  :)

Ha!
and here is chapter 60!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/252924.html

thank you