Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140359 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2008, 09:07:09 am »
Hmmm....Brokeback Mountain?  Yes, sounds vaguely familiar... LOL!  Enjoy!

Marie

On the big screen and in English no less!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2008, 02:37:27 pm »
and it is morning and here is the next chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/253129.html

so my duties are done and I am free to enjoy the Heath Ledger DVD Festival coming up in a few minutes, then head down to Santa Cruz for a Brokie dinner and Brokeback on the big screen!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2008, 03:27:45 pm »
and it is morning and here is the next chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/253129.html

so my duties are done and I am free to enjoy the Heath Ledger DVD Festival coming up in a few minutes, then head down to Santa Cruz for a Brokie dinner and Brokeback on the big screen!

You're missing Chapter 59 now, Louise! LOL!  When you corrected the numbering last night, 59 and 60 got reversed.  So, 60 should be 59, 61 should be 60 and 62 should be 61 - clear as mud?  Now, on to the important things ..... I'm envious - there ain't nothing like Brokeback Mountain on the big screen!

SPOILERS

With all of Ellery's money they can keep their house and have a farm! And he can keep his job.  And they can build a nice little guest cottage on the farm for the girls - so Ellery and Colson can have all the privacy they need!   ;D Money may not buy happiness but it sure makes things a hell of a lot easier! LOL!

I love funny Jeremy.  And it cracks me up that Ellery is pouting at Colson's and Jeremy's skepticism - “I can too buy a farm!”      :laugh:

But I'm worried about Pam (and Colson)...and anxious for the girls to get there!  I'm loving this, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2008, 04:41:08 pm »
damn! numbers are just eluding me today!!!

At least I got the thing written and they are all in order, NEVER MIND THE NUMBERS!!!

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2008, 07:42:30 pm »
Ellery buying a farm...and everyone teasing him...LOL

But on the other hand, he is married man now, with a family. Maybe it is time to move out of his one bedroom, one bath bachelor pad. He may be thinking more clearly than anyone realizes.

And remember one of Ellery's most famous lines..."Homemade baked goods just slide down my throat..." Having Katie Ann and Pam nearby might be a very good idea, especially since he is supposed to gain a few pounds.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #375 on: February 17, 2008, 02:13:08 pm »
I woke up this morning at 6 am with Colson and Ellery on my mind (I know, don't ask...)

I'm now not sure whether getting Pam and Katie Ann to come to Tourmaline is such a good idea. I'm wondering about the relationship between Pam and her mother. What is she going to think about all this? Her daughter gets raped and then takes off to stay at Wes and Edna's. To Laura, these are strangers. I can understand that there are troubles between Pam and her mother, but why couldn't Colson and Ellery go to the hospital and then decide about what to do? Maybe Colson acted a bit to hastily there.

Would Laura actually not want to have anything to do with Pam? Are things really that bad? That's very harsh. Maybe she'll want to be with her daughter and now not get the chance because she isn't around. I'm expecting some very explosive phone calls.

I'm wondering what Edna's thinking about all this.  :-\ I'm sure she'll be wonderfully supportive to Pam and her sister.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2008, 02:49:50 pm »
....But on the other hand, he is married man now, with a family.

Ah...I love the sound of that, Leslie.  And, yeah, Ellery did like those fig newtons and little quiches that the girls made, didn't he?   :)

I woke up this morning at 6 am with Colson and Ellery on my mind (I know, don't ask...)

LOL!  No need to explain at all, Fabienne - I think all of us here understand perfectly!  And I think you raise some good questions.  I, too, was wondering if perhaps Pam wasn't giving her mother enough credit.  We're only hearing one side and we all know that there are three sides to every story.  I guess we'll know more once the girls arrive.  But if Pam has so much fear of her mother (whether it's deserved or not) she probably didn't need the added stress of dealing with her immediately. 

I agree that Edna will be a great help.  And nothing is written in stone, after all.  If it's decided that it would be better for them to go back home, they can always do that.  This is such a sad and unexpected turn of events - but isn't that just like life? 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #377 on: February 18, 2008, 12:14:18 am »
Sorry I didn't get a chapter out today folks. I was completely wide awake after the midnight showing of Brokeback last night, and full of a sense of gratitude and inspiration (if you can believe it) and then had a lousy night's sleep afterward.  I got home from Santa Cruz about 2 p.m. and just collapsed like a tent in a high wind, after calling my new acquaintances by the wrong names and babbling incoherently about all of the new thing I saw in the film.

I got another 10 chapters of 'The Brotherhood Murders' formatted and edited and posted, but I am not sure I have the gumption to write a new chapter today... sorry for that!

I will be clearing my schedule for next weekend though!  I believe I will be wrapping up 'The Rookie' sometime soon.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #378 on: February 18, 2008, 02:35:24 am »
No worries Louise. It's not as if we haven't gotten anything else to read. I need to do some catching up on the rewritten stories.

And reading about what an experience it was to see BBM with brokies in the Del Mar theatre, you have no idea what a big smile that puts on my face. You  are soooooo lucky!!

:)  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2008, 11:54:59 pm »
ok here is another chapter, sorry it is so short, things are coming to me rather slowly right now!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/253220.html  "Chapter 62"