Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140350 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 02:03:52 pm »
I am amazed and delighted at how much pleasure everyone has gotten out of the story so far.  thanks for the feedback!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 10:17:53 pm »
here is chapter 8 people!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/238226.html 
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2007, 04:33:59 pm »
here is chapter 8 people!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/238226.html 

SPOILERS

And another great chapter, Louise.  It's so sweet that Ellery and Colson both grumble when they're the "patient" but isn't it wonderful that they are there to spoil each other.

I love how Nicky wasn't bothered that Jeremy wasn't in the mood and how they brainstormed together - it's evident they have such respect for each other.  All A's for Nick?  Way to go - I can't say I'm surprised - there's a lot of depth to that naughty boy! 

Thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2007, 06:40:03 pm »
thanks Marie... sometimes I wonder whether the every day stuff gets boring for people!

and now back to the plot:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/238367.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2007, 07:28:22 am »
sometimes I wonder whether the every day stuff gets boring for people!

Never Louise, NEVER!  :)  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2007, 03:01:38 pm »
Everyday stuff boring?

Heck,  I could read about Dupree and Nicky doing laundry.  Of course in my mind they would be naked of course...   LOL.

David!  You're still reading too!  Yay! I was just thinking about you yesterday.  Okay, I will keep the naked laundry in mind. You have always given me such great ideas!  Stay tuned for a chapter in a little while!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2007, 03:16:20 pm »
Everyday stuff boring?

Heck,  I could read about Dupree and Nicky doing laundry.  Of course in my mind they would be naked of course...   LOL.

Ha!  I was going to say I could read about them going grocery shopping, but that laundry idea sounds good!  ;D

Actually, I'd be interested to see how the Dupree/Sampson household divides household duties.  From what we saw in the last story, Nicky appears to be a pretty good cook, and I think it would be sweet to see them shopping together.   

Fabienne is right - it could never be boring!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 03:43:55 pm »
http://louisev.livejournal.com/238367.html

SPOILERS

A trip to Yuma sounds like a good idea, and from what we've seen in the past, Jeremy is an excellent interrogator. 

Yeah, I'm sure Paula is still smarting over the Dupree date debacle (not to mention her crush on Ellery), but it also looks like she thinks the sheriff's department is not sharing information with her.....I wonder if she'll run into Wes at the D.A.'s office....

Ellery is never going to be a person who can simply sit and relax, it's just not in him.  It would be great if he and Colson could go riding together - it's been a long time and I'll bet Milli misses him!

Some interesting developments!  Thanks.

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 04:29:33 pm »
ok you Christmas shoppers, here is chapter 10:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/238803.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2007, 11:51:11 am »
ok you Christmas shoppers, here is chapter 10:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/238803.html

Ha!  Well, my Christmas shopping officially ended Saturday night, and I'm now in the cooking/baking frenzy stage of holiday fun, but there's always time to read! 

SPOILERS

I never got no money from Amos Marigold. He came by once over ta Sammy’s – I don’t know what for, I thought we was gettin rousted, but Sammy talked to em. He didn’t stay long.”

Ahh...verrrry interesting!  The plot does indeed thicken. 

“Well, that’s what I’m thinkin about right now. What I should be doin if my time is runnin out.”

Gah....don't talk like that Ellery! But....I'm curious, as always, to see what is going on in that brilliant, fascinating mind of his!  The dialogue between Ellery and Colson is always so.....right and true and real.  Amazing. 

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, Louise!  You've given me a fantastic present with this story. Thank you.

Marie