Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140384 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2008, 04:59:20 am »
well this should satisfy... even Souxi!!!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/255812.html  Chapter 70
It sure did Louise, thank you very much, omg.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #421 on: February 27, 2008, 03:45:24 pm »
SPOILERS

“Oh god amighty..”

Uh.  Yeah.  What he said.  Holy effin' moly, Louise!  :o  Nicky may be a boy, and a very naughty boy at that, but he's exactly the kind of boy that Jeremy needs.  He knows when to be gentle, and he knows when to tease, and he knows when to be......demanding.  But most importantly he knows Jeremy - sometimes better than Jeremy knows himself.  And you know, Louise - we haven't forgotten that Jeremy said there were a "couple" of things on his list! LOL!

“I hope yer still gonna bring some snacks up... "

:laugh: :laugh:  Good grief.  What was it that Colson said about Wayne just the other day.......

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

(Oh, yeah - you presume correctly - Wentworth Miller!)

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2008, 04:30:43 pm »
SPOILERS!

Well it would seem Nick and Jeremy have a lot of erm, chemistry in that department. 
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #423 on: February 27, 2008, 11:07:51 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #424 on: February 28, 2008, 12:10:37 am »
SPOILERS

“Because I am yer --- I’m yer husband. There I said it. An I earned the right ta nag when you bought me this ring.” Colson held up a balled fist, the ring glowing in the headlights of an oncoming car.

Ah....be still my heart.  Love wrapping it up with our two boys.   :)  I really enjoyed this story, Louise.

Looking forward to "The Grey Girls" and I don't have any doubt that you will surprise us with the unexpected! 

Thanks,
Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline acht-acht

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #425 on: February 28, 2008, 07:13:04 am »
Nooo - are you really sure all the loose ends have been picked up? Maybe I needed a little more Paula action, I think those were some of the best chapters, even if it meant more bitching and less sex. And I´m also still wondering about Esteban and how he´ll adjust to the new situation etc. I liked all the guys at the Sheriff´s Department so much, and the crime stuff & the variety of donuts ... 

I only had two objections that ain´t real objections concerning the girls:

a) the rape was a sort of abrupt turn of events, and when I read it first, it seemed to me as just a means to get Colsons girls to Tourmaline somehow, and I thought it was a little drastic. Then again, everybodys reactions to this were interesting (and it was such a smart move from Ellery to pour some alcohol in his man before he phoned Pam so he couldn´t drive down  (up?) there and decimate the population) and it´ll  lead to more interesting bonding with Dupree maybe ... which could piss Nick off a little ... which could prompt nice makeup sex ...
b) there´s still so much back story I don´t know, so for now I´ll take Pams word that she never did anything "wrong" -  but I think even if she was Waynes soulmate it still wouldn´t be okay to rape her and she´d still need her Daddy to be supportive etc., so maybe it would be interesting if she were a little less of a good girl. On the other hand I don´t want Colsons blood pressure to hit the roof ... It´s just that all of the boys are allowed to have so much sex and kinky fun and hang out at the Stallion if they want and it´s more or less okay, but the girls/ women have to be good. On the other other hand that would probably mean lengthy descriptions of het sex and all the readers would hate it.

Well, I just know I´m desperate for the new story, whatever´s gonna happen! Clara

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #426 on: February 28, 2008, 01:04:02 pm »
welcome to our ongoing discussion, Clara!  I am glad you made it over here!  This is where all the "action" is, and even though we have a small number of commenters here, there are a LOT of readers. 

About the abrupt transition, those are pretty much par for the course in our stories.  What you have not yet seen, however, are several stories that include Colson's daughters and the Red Stallion, one of them is a book -length story I wrote for Christmas 2006 entitled "Red Stallions for Christmas" where Pam and Katie Ann put on a full court press on their father about going to Tourmaline to escape from their mother.  So while the attack on Pam is a rather sudden thing in the plot, the idea of their moving has been brought up several times, and each time, their father has rebuffed them.  We are just now getting to the first iteration of that theme in "The Long Way Home" where Colson discovers, to his shock, that his ex-wife still has strong feelings for him, and that her jealousy of Ellery is a force of nature.

And -interestingly enough, your second comment about the girls and what they might get up to in Tourmaline, I have given a certain amount of thought to.... but let me leave it at that!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #427 on: February 28, 2008, 01:42:39 pm »
Hi Clara - I see you made it over here, too!  :)

I can certainly vouch for what Louise said - we never know what's coming in her stories and a lot of things hit us out of the blue.  But that's pretty much like life - you never know what's going to happen from one second to the next and there are no warning labels! LOL! 

I can't wait to see what the girls get up to in Tourmaline! One thing we've all learned for sure is that Louise isn't afraid to show all of the characters on the best behavior - and on their worst! Should be verrrrry interesting in a number of ways!

Marie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #428 on: February 28, 2008, 01:53:05 pm »
Oh I,m soooooooooooooo glad your going to write about those girls first. Do you remember some of my comments about them in The Long Way Home Louise? Especailly when they barged in on our boys in bed!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Oh they did get on my tits BIG time. >:( Well they,d better bloody well behave themselves whilst they are here and not pester Colson too much. I,ll shaddup now before I get started again lol.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #429 on: February 28, 2008, 01:59:32 pm »
welcome to our ongoing discussion, Clara!  I am glad you made it over here!  This is where all the "action" is, and even though we have a small number of commenters here, there are a LOT of readers. 

About the abrupt transition, those are pretty much par for the course in our stories.  What you have not yet seen, however, are several stories that include Colson's daughters and the Red Stallion, one of them is a book -length story I wrote for Christmas 2006 entitled "Red Stallions for Christmas" where Pam and Katie Ann put on a full court press on their father about going to Tourmaline to escape from their mother.  So while the attack on Pam is a rather sudden thing in the plot, the idea of their moving has been brought up several times, and each time, their father has rebuffed them.  We are just now getting to the first iteration of that theme in "The Long Way Home" where Colson discovers, to his shock, that his ex-wife still has strong feelings for him, and that her jealousy of Ellery is a force of nature.

And -interestingly enough, your second comment about the girls and what they might get up to in Tourmaline, I have given a certain amount of thought to.... but let me leave it at that!

That's one of the reasons I can't stop reading. You never know what will happen next. And one of the great things I like about your stories Louise, is that it's never 'plot for plot's sake'. There's always a story to tell. I never get the sense that you've sat there behind your desk thinking 'hmmm, let's see what I can throw at our boys next'. Never. It all feels natural, like Marie said, pretty much like life.

And having said that, I need to get a move on with reading the reworked chapters. I'm sooo behind.  :-\

Can't wait to read 'the adventures of the gaggle of Grey girls in Tourmaline'. I'm sure it will be good. For the time being the girls are right were they should be, under Wes and Edna's watchfull eye. I'm hoping for a smooth transition for them, I hope Pam finds a way to come to terms with what has happened to her.

Oh, and just a thought, a ranch hunh, for the girls...well, they are at a ranch now with people who will become important to them in no time at all. People who haven't got kids or grandkids of their own...hmmm, no knows, maybe Colson and the girls Ann might one day be working together.

Yeah, I know, I'm all for schmoopy and happily ever after.  :D

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'