Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 139317 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2007, 10:23:26 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2007, 11:33:47 pm »
SPOILERS

I hope Ellery takes Dr. Sampson's advice seriously.  If memory serves, he has a can of that protein shake somewhere in his kitchen from the last time he was told to gain weight!  I'd love to drink a milkshake every night!  LOL!

“Oh, that reminds me. Yer father in law says good job on yer promotion. He wanted me ta know how pleased he was.”

I love that!  And I love Jeremy's reaction - he's too cute.  But I'm glad Dr. Sampson seems to have a high opinion of Jeremy - he should.  And Jeremy is a good influence on Nick - and Nick is a bad-in-a-good-way influence on Jeremy! 

So now we're about to come full circle back to Chapter 1!  I wonder what Leon will have to say....

Great job, Louise!  Thanks.
Marie

P.S.  If Ellery doesn't pay a visit to his attorney soon, I'm going to start drafting his Will and POAs myself!  ;D
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2007, 12:36:05 am »

SPOILER!

hee hee I knew somebody would like that 'Father in Law' line!  Maybe Ellery ought to fire Stew and hire Marie!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2007, 05:37:45 am »
SPOILERS

and Nick is a bad-in-a-good-way influence on Jeremy! 

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

SPOILER!

hee hee I knew somebody would like that 'Father in Law' line!  Maybe Ellery ought to fire Stew and hire Marie!

It was great Louise! Ellery rolling his eyes at the milkshakes advice.... LOL I can just imagine that!

Marie, do you think you could do some real work in the presence of Ellery? You sure about that? Hmmmm???  8)  :P
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2007, 10:17:34 am »
What a great treat to wake up to a new chapter! I crashed early and went to bed...I mean, I had a really hectic two day work week! LOL. But I am sitting here enjoying a delicious cup of coffee and reading great stuff about Ellery and Dupree. Thanks, Louise!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2007, 02:51:04 pm »
and here is something to savor after lunch!  for all you easterners and Europeans!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/240622.html  Chapter 16

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2007, 03:17:49 pm »
I just knew I had to come and check this thread!

thanks Louise.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2007, 10:32:08 pm »
bonus chapter for Saturday!

Chapter 17:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/240839.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2007, 11:14:47 pm »
Marie, do you think you could do some real work in the presence of Ellery? You sure about that? Hmmmm???  8)  :P

Ha!  You've got a point there, Fabienne.  Maybe Ellery better stick with Stew - at least he won't be drooling all over the paperwork!    ;D

SPOILERS

Now we see how Leon ends up at the Lang's - but why?  A very elusive money trail!  I like that Ellery was as matter-of-fact about Sanchez sniffing around his case as Wes was - they've both been around long enough to understand office politics.

Everytime someone stops and makes a phone call or there's talk about calling home, I have to adjust my thinking to the 80's - no cell phones! (or at least none as we know them today).  Poor Colson's been so worried and little wonder. 

“What is that stuff? Looks like somethin the old folks take for constipation,” Wes asked.

LOL!  Good going, Wes - that'll make Ellery drink it, for sure! 

And there's going to be hair combing?  Where's Leslie?   :D

Thanks for #16 and the bonus #17, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2007, 09:52:59 am »
Yes, hair combing....ahhhh....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!