Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 139350 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2008, 02:31:31 pm »
that was Ellery's famous "home brew" - Percodan and Glenfiddich.

*SIGH* I remember it well. Come on Louise, it,s freezing cold over here and I need some serious smut to warm me up. ;)
By the way, happy new year to you.
Souxi. xxxxxxx

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2008, 03:31:15 pm »
happy new year!

Unfortunately I am still at work... I will be writing a chapter later on this evening.  Sowwwwwy... girl's got ta work for a living!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2008, 07:02:20 pm »
Quote from: louise van hine link=topic=15567.msg310327#msg310327 date=1199289691

now poor Ellery is going to have to resort to protein shakes and [b
"new age mumbo jumbo"![/b]

I have to laugh when I think of what Colson's reaction might be to some of those "new age mumbo jumbo" techniques!! He's gonna want to be supportive but he's about the most opposite of "new age" that anyone can be!

But-Ellery gets a gold star in my book for not only making sure Colson knew he was back at the Doctor's but asking him to come right away. (Good boy!!)

IMO Ellery has Amos Agita & definitely needs to learn how to control it. Amos is not worth a stroke or a heart attack!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2008, 09:23:06 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2008, 10:05:28 pm »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2008, 10:11:54 pm »

here is chapter 20!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/241551.html

SPOILERS

I hope we get to meet Mrs. Lang - I have the feeling she'll be quite a character.  I was proud of Colson and how he calmed Ellery down with his matter-of-fact attitude about the Amos situation.  Fran is right - Amos is not worth a heart attack or a stroke!

Also looking forward to meeting the new staff at the bar.  This has to be a first for the Red Stallion - a barmaid and her boyfriend!  That should prove interesting!

Did someone say handcuffs and ping pong paddle?   ;D  Not exactly "new age mumbo jumbo" - but a sure-fire stress reliever!  Great stuff, Louise.  Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2008, 11:52:15 pm »
SPOILERS

I hope we get to meet Mrs. Lang - I have the feeling she'll be quite a character.  I was proud of Colson and how he calmed Ellery down with his matter-of-fact attitude about the Amos situation.  Fran is right - Amos is not worth a heart attack or a stroke!

Also looking forward to meeting the new staff at the bar.  This has to be a first for the Red Stallion - a barmaid and her boyfriend!  That should prove interesting!

Did someone say handcuffs and ping pong paddle?    ;D  Not exactly "new age mumbo jumbo" - but a sure-fire stress reliever!  Great stuff, Louise.  Thanks!

Marie

The New Age Chant & Pant treatment!!  ;)
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2008, 05:26:14 pm »
yup, I am still here... some of my DVD watching activities have cut into my fiction time, but I am back and working at this hour on chapter 22.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2008, 05:44:58 pm »
....annnnnd here we are!  Chapter 22 everyone!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/242048.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2008, 05:50:13 pm »
yup, I am still here... some of my DVD watching activities have cut into my fiction time, but I am back and working at this hour on chapter 22.

You can add mind reader to your other talents, Louise - I was just popping over her to check. Thanks for update.  I'm also going to post the link to Chapter 21, just in case, 'cause it's too good to miss!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/241719.html

SPOILERS

Jeremy and Nick are so good for each other.  And Nick, for all his "evil" influence  ;) - is a Sweet Thing himself.  He's not only in tune with Jeremy's moods and needs  ;D - he has a genuine interest in what's happening in Jeremy's professional life.  I'd love for Jeremy to slip and call Ellery "Legs!"  OMG, could you picture Ellery's face or, better yet, Wes's reaction?  :laugh: :laugh:  And it's so cute to see that Jeremy likes to act that Nick is the horny one and that Nick, for all his bravado, still needs reassurance that Jeremy "likes what he sees."   Great stuff!  Thanks.

Marie

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain