Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie  (Read 140827 times)

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Rookie
« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2008, 06:15:30 pm »
Poor Lauren. Wayne is like some black cloud that brings misfortune with him! He pops in to The Red Stallion & all

hell breaks loose within minutes! (And Mary the waitress needs to rethink her career choice if she thinks she won't

be hearing guys in a gay bar talking graphically about sex!) Nice to see the bar is the usual chaotic place.               

I think Ellery is going to need to find an available mountaintop in Tibet to get that meditation time in. A fun update.
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2008, 06:36:11 pm »
....annnnnd here we are!  Chapter 22 everyone!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/242048.html

Wow - that was fast, Louise!

(And Mary the waitress needs to rethink her career choice if she thinks she won't
 be hearing guys in a gay bar talking graphically about sex!)

Yeah, Fran, I was thinking the same thing.  Her ears and Wayne's mouth are not a good fit!   :laugh:  It was great to be back at the bar though.  I've missed Lauren (and even Wayne!). 

Yes, Puerto Rico is sounding better and better for Ellery and his need for relaxation.  Colson isn't supposed to act as a bouncer, Ellery is supposed to be meditating - what to do?  Uh oh - I'm wondering now if Ellery will make an emergency to call to Jeremy just as he and Nick are looking forward to a Friday night free from the bar?

I agree that was a lot of fun!  Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2008, 04:14:20 pm »
So how many chapters is this story going to be then Louise; 50? 100?  ;) :laugh:
Oh and don,t forget about our boys honeymoon, very important that. ;) ;) :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2008, 04:24:47 pm »
Well it's as long as it goes, Souxi.  I don't see it ending right away...

But I do think that the "vacation" story will be separate! how's that sound ?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2008, 04:35:52 pm »
Well it's as long as it goes, Souxi.  I don't see it ending right away...

But I do think that the "vacation" story will be separate! how's that sound ?

Wow this is just the kind of news I like to hear!! Sounds absolutly wonderful to me Louise. Get that publisher ready!!  ;) :laugh:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2008, 09:08:24 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2008, 11:30:25 pm »
chapter 23:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/242205.html

SPOILERS

I wonder if Ellery is sometimes sorry he got the answering machine...but,then, I suppose they'd just have people barging in like they used to! 

There's nothing better than some Ellery-Colson banter.  These two can talk about everything and nothing, and make it so damn entertaining!  I love how Ellery is always giving Colson the inside scoop on gay life in Hollywood! LOL!  I have to agree with Colson - John Wayne is kind of irritating, isn't he?  And oddly devoid of any sex appeal at all.  My favorite line:

“Ow!” Colson flinched. “Yer pullin my leg hairs out by the roots, cut that out.”

LOL!  Nobody does dialogue like you, Louise! 

I'm glad Jeremy and Nick don't have an answering machine!  And I hope Ellery and Colson can get through the movie without any more emergencies, so they can get to "doin the nasty" and the tying up stuff Ellery mentioned.   ;D

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2008, 02:11:02 am »
hee hee, I know it was a short chapter but somewhere in the middle Jeremy and Nick decided NOT to pick up the phone!

and there was nothing I could do!

glad I still have readers every day, this is great!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2008, 02:40:00 am »
hee hee, I know it was a short chapter but somewhere in the middle Jeremy and Nick decided NOT to pick up the phone!

Good for them!

SPOILERS

I wonder if Ellery is sometimes sorry he got the answering machine...but,then, I suppose they'd just have people barging in like they used to! 

There's nothing better than some Ellery-Colson banter.  These two can talk about everything and nothing, and make it so damn entertaining!  I love how Ellery is always giving Colson the inside scoop on gay life in Hollywood! LOL!  I have to agree with Colson - John Wayne is kind of irritating, isn't he?  And oddly devoid of any sex appeal at all.  My favorite line:

“Ow!” Colson flinched. “Yer pullin my leg hairs out by the roots, cut that out.”

LOL!  Nobody does dialogue like you, Louise! 

I'm glad Jeremy and Nick don't have an answering machine!  And I hope Ellery and Colson can get through the movie without any more emergencies, so they can get to "doin the nasty" and the tying up stuff Ellery mentioned.   ;D

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

You've said it all Marie.

I was thinking of those 'Bill days' as I was reading about Colson's growing irritation. It made me think of that line in Taking Chances when there was a knock at the door or the phone was ringing (I forgot which) and Ellery said to Colson 'You didn't know you were coming to visit Grand Central Station, did ya?' (quoting off the top of my head here, didn't check the story).
 :laugh:  :laugh:

You're a master of dialogue Louise! Thanks.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2008, 04:53:23 pm »
I love the fact that Ellery lets the answering machine take the call & then immediately has to listen to the message while Colson glares at him! Ellery's got the dough- he needs to hire a GM for that bar & have them be on on call or something instead of him.

“Kick thirty guys out a the bar an tell em ta go home,” Colson said, his voice cold.  Yeah Colson-problem solved!! No tact necessary!

And I don't think that Jeremy & Nick even heard the phone ringing-they had it unplugged from the wall while they were gettin' busy!

And speaking of gettin' busy-I had to laugh at the reference to the "Bill days" & Colson staring at the phone at the end & choosing the movie over gettin' fancy in case it rang again. (We know how much Colson hates interruptions!)

Thanks Louise!

You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life