Author Topic: A Note from IdahoLonely  (Read 8833 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: A Note from IdahoLonely
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 10:59:22 pm »
Philip...you ARE a wonder...I tell ya!!  Thank you SO very much for what you're doing.  I'm soo looking forward to having Idaho here with us.  I'm gettin that warm blankie ready for him.  Betcha a few 'grandma hugs' would be welcome...huh?   :)

I can tell you he is profoundly touched by everyone who has been thinking about him and mentioned you specifically.  In fact, *I* am touched by everyone who have been truly moved by people's stories on here.  This coming together is exactly what I was hoping for.

Chris has been extremely frustrated with being cut off from us.  He looked forward to getting online and when his local library's web access went down, it was like being cut off for him.  He has choice words for technology in Idaho which you could imagine Ennis using without polite company around.  He's very upset by it.  We didn't get to talk too long on Friday, which is traditionally my errand day anyway, when we were coordinating the order.  But he did say the only reason he showed up here and started posting is because he saw other people opening up and sharing their personal stories too.  If other people could do it, he could do it too.  Safety in numbers.  He was also surprised I slapped my real name and picture up on here which he still thinks is an amazingly brave thing to do.  But it's not really because, as I told him, I need as much help and support as everyone else does around here and people aren't psychic - you can't get help unless you are open enough to ask for it.  Having my real name and picture up is symbolic of that.

He told me (and said it was fine to share it with everyone here) that he is still very frightened by a lot of the things going on in his head, and he's been tempted to try and run away from all of this and try to go back doing things as before, but as I've told him about my own story, once you open the door and start heading forward, it's next to impossible to go back.  You can get stuck halfway through, but you can't just pretend nothing happened.

And it's not just him.  I know there are people lurking in here reading this who haven't written a thing who are in the same boat as Idaho.  As he himself would tell you, be courageous and take the first step and join the conversation here.

He'll call me when Dell delivers his machine and then I'll work through getting him set up and online and back here.  To me, he's needed here just as much as I need everyone else.  To not help would be a violation of what this place is all about.   ;)

I hate getting all mushy here...but DAMN...feels like the first time...in a very long time...I've found a family.  <goofy smile>  And with Ennis and Jack....right in the middle of us all. 

And you are also a very important part of our family.  Your emotional connection with me and everyone else through the forums has been absolutely vital, and I appreciate it very much!

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Denyys

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2006, 02:27:46 am »
Phillip,
G'day Mate, just had to share an Aussie "Good On You" for taking IdahoLonely under your loving wing.  Looking forward to his return to this forum. Thanks to you all for making a difference in this young mans life. The loss of the library's web access was actually a blessing for the long term.  He's growned beyond the limitation of that institutions access and soon will be free to open up and share and receive Bettermost wisdom in the comfort, privacy and security of his own home.   
Cheers, Denyys

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2006, 03:28:54 am »
Well...DANG IT you two...(Philip...Denyys...NOW you've done it!!   :'(  I most definitely should have bought stock with a tissue company)..  You've got em FLOWING again.   I get onto this forum and think..."OK...I'm fine...." and then....WHEW!!!

I'm so glad you've talked with Chris....Philip.  Please give him a HUGE hug from me when next you talk.  He's already become so special to me. 

And thank you Philip...for your very kind thoughts.  I'm sticking them into my "Restore Self Esteem" Cubby!!!   :-*
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2006, 12:27:03 pm »
Just an update.  His system arrived yesterday.  I'm sorry I haven't been on the forums as much and am a bit behind in some of your personal messages - I am trying to get Idaho's system up and running with him today.  He might drop by the forums tonight if we get everything working.

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2006, 02:42:29 pm »
That's so exciting and wonderful what you all have been doing for Idaho.  I haven't been in the loop much, but am sure proud to be in the company of such fine compassionate folk. Onward, Iris
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2006, 08:03:26 pm »
Just an update.  His system arrived yesterday.  I'm sorry I haven't been on the forums as much and am a bit behind in some of your personal messages - I am trying to get Idaho's system up and running with him today.  He might drop by the forums tonight if we get everything working.

Dear Philip....Carry on and don't worry about US!!  We're all hanging in here waiting anxiously for Idaho to join us.  Tend to him...!!  And....btw....is there any monetary help you need from all of us....to cover the expense of the puter? 

BIG HUG.....Nancy  :-*

"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2006, 12:06:34 am »
Dear Philip....Carry on and don't worry about US!!  We're all hanging in here waiting anxiously for Idaho to join us.  Tend to him...!!  And....btw....is there any monetary help you need from all of us....to cover the expense of the puter? 

I have contacted one of our other forum participants to help scour for available ISPs.  No contribution is required.  As of this afternoon, he was unpacking and starting to configure.  Dell systems don't fully install Windows XP - there is still a configuration and setup procedure involved so he was going to mess with that tonight and try to call me tomorrow to work on the ISP configuration and such.

We're getting there.

Offline BBMGrandma

• Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2006, 08:15:23 am »
IDAHO....where are YOU?  We miss you!!

Hugs....Nancy  :-*

IdahoLonely

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 09:26:00 pm »
He will, of course, kill me for saying this, but boy he even sounds like Ennis.  I was teasing him for his marbles-in-the-mouth western accent and the fact he had to repeat everything twice to the operator because she couldn't understand him either.   ;D

Now your in trouble. Yes I am back online and for the time being I am using AOL on a trial basis. Phil sounds like one of them radio announcer types or a quick talker car salesguy which probably isnt as cute as my voice!! Seriously I want to thank Phil and everyone who have been helping me get back online. I have my Dell hooked up and running okay. The big problem was that I am partial color blind and cant tell dark colors apart so was having trouble with the cables but thats not a problem now. I have a lot of reading to do on here so its gonna take a few days but I'm back!

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 10:29:36 pm »
Now your in trouble. Yes I am back online and for the time being I am using AOL on a trial basis. Phil sounds like one of them radio announcer types or a quick talker car salesguy which probably isnt as cute as my voice!! Seriously I want to thank Phil and everyone who have been helping me get back online. I have my Dell hooked up and running okay. The big problem was that I am partial color blind and cant tell dark colors apart so was having trouble with the cables but thats not a problem now. I have a lot of reading to do on here so its gonna take a few days but I'm back!

Whoo Hoo!  Welcome back Chris, we've all been champing at the bit waiting for this day!

As for sounding like Ennis, don't be shy, man oh man there are certainly worse things in the world to sound like.  In fact there are those that would find it down right sexy.  Flaunt it if ya got it! :D And you're so right with Phillip's radio announcer voice, I heard it for the first time last night on BBM radio, and that made me smile too.

Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

Warm regards, (Aussie) Chris.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare