Author Topic: How do you get your music?  (Read 5235 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
How do you get your music?
« on: December 23, 2007, 12:57:32 pm »
We talk about music here on BetterMost a lot. I am curious as to how people obtain their music for home/car listening. How do you buy your music? Do you still like to buy the CD from a store or online store like Amazon? Or do you prefer to download it from the web? If you do download your music, do you like ITunes or do you prefer other places or other ways of downloading? You can choose any or all options. If you do choose more than one option, please rate your choices as to your preference. Thanks.

injest

Re: How do you get your music?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:07:46 pm »
I get my music as gifts from friends, more and more from Napster, and I buy new and used CDs

Napster 60%
friends 25%
buy 15%

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 01:08:35 pm »
Since I bought a house, and since gas prices have gone up -- I have very little disposable income. I either listen on YouTube, don't buy,
or -- if I get a gift certificate or something -- I will buy a CD. I like to have the CD's. I bought the Brokeback Mountain soundtrack the moment I got a chance however! As soon as I saw the movie. Soundtracks are nice because they usually have a lot of different artists.  
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 01:08:47 pm »
I WOULD like to find a site I could download older songs from...there are a lot Napster doesn't have.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 09:37:28 pm »
I still buy the CDs Jack, quite often from Amazon.com. I don't have an ipod. I keep promising myself I'll get one, but I never do. Maybe this year...
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2007, 11:08:01 pm »
I buy the CD cause I screw up these new gadgets & I turn on the oldie radio stations.

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 02:47:00 am »
Mostly iTunes.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 01:54:10 pm »
I started the thread and never even answered it  ;D I still prefer to buy the CD. I think it is great that you can hear a song or think of a song and get it so quick by downloading it, but in the end I tend to end up buying the CD. That seems more real to me for some reason. Also, the quality of the music on a CD is better. That is something people aren't typically told. The songs you download are the MP3 format which is a compressed version of the song. Of course with the compression sound quality is lost. The idea is that the sound qualities are those that the typical human ear cannot hear; however, I don't particularly like the idea of paying just as much for something that has been reduced in quality. Also, I personally can tell a difference. I have paid and downloaded an album before and then also bought the CD. There is definitely a noticeable difference. I remember when I was in San Francisco that Bay City John and I were talking about this reduction in quality. John knows a lot about this subject and was quite informative about exactly what happens when a song is reduced to a MP3 file. And beyond that I think 99 cents for each track is way too much. I know it sounds cheap, but it really isn't if you start counting things up. I think 29 or even 39 cents per track would be more reasonable. These places, especially ITunes, are making a killing selling these and then they try to tell you what you can do with them after you buy them. I am definitely not a fan of ITunes.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 02:01:21 pm »
I am loving my Taylor Swift CD, Jack! It hasn't been out of my car CD player since I got it. Glad you recommended it to me. What are your favorites on there? I like "Tears on My Guitar" and "Our Song" and "Tim McGraw" the most so far, but those were already popular since she released them as singles. The words are included with her CD too. Sing-along time!!  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2007, 01:25:47 am »
I am loving my Taylor Swift CD, Jack! It hasn't been out of my car CD player since I got it. Glad you recommended it to me. What are your favorites on there? I like "Tears on My Guitar" and "Our Song" and "Tim McGraw" the most so far, but those were already popular since she released them as singles. The words are included with her CD too. Sing-along time!!  ;D

I'm glad you like the CD!!! Those are actually my favorite songs too, but there are others that will grow on me. I can already tell that.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 07:50:15 pm »
I download most of my music from Limewire....

Then I burn them onto a CD.

I then have a mixture of my favourite songs and know when I am listening that I am going to enjoy every song on the CD.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Artiste

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 10:05:29 pm »
I copîed only once!

I'd rather make my own.

Or get someone to  create music instead!!

Of course, I have two CD's of Brokeback Mountain movie which has music!!

And one CD of  C.R.A.S.Y. with sexy gay guys, one being a policeman, yes a cop!!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline ZK

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 09:59:27 pm »
I normally buy the cd, but OK I confess, I sometimes buy a cd as a gift for someone then copy it