Author Topic: TOTW 20/07: What present would you like to give Jack or Ennis for Christmas?  (Read 17950 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
I love all the thoughtful things people are coming up with. In the end, it all comes down to what we would have loved for them: to have that sweet live together. But alas...

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
It sure does seem that we all are expressing the same thoughts for them just in different words  :)

Marge_Innavera

I'd get them a little private cabin, somewhere between Wyoming and Texas. Complete with fully-stocked kitchen, sleigh bed, small stable in back with two horses and a DVD player with everything.

(Hey, we're assuming cost is no obstacle here....   :)   )

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
It sure does seem that we all are expressing the same thoughts for them just in different words  :)

Yup. Blame it all on Annie and Ang, who ripped out a part of our hearts and never gave it back.

For a more lighthearted approach, I would love to give them Don Wroe's cabin for every trip in cold weather.

Hey Marge, in preview I see you also want to give them a cabin. Great minds  :).

Offline jstephens9

Hey I have a cabin  :) And I would be sure to let them have their privacy  ;D

Offline Artiste

Can I seek them in that cabin?

Hugs! I would be happy to build my cabin besides their's!! Anyone will help me?

Offline Daphne7661

• Sr. Ranch Hand
For Jack, I would give him a nice warm, fluffy down comforter to keep him warm, and a driver to take him to Wyoming a few times a year  ;)

For Ennis, I would give him a digital camera so that he could take pictures of Jack and have them for always, as well as the stack of letters that, in my mind, Jack wrote him whenever they were apart....   :'(
...Nice to know ya, Ennis del Mar...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Merry Christmas BetterMostians!

In honor of Christmas week, we'll have a lighthearted and fun topic this week. Let your imagination run wild  :).

What present would you like to give Jack or Ennis for Christmas?

I would give them matching leopard print throws to keep them warm, and for Jack, a black parka to replace his blue one.  I would give Ennis a creme colored down-filled anorak to replace his canvas jacket.

Offline Artiste

Daphne, you bring up a good question: stack of letters that, in my mind, Jack wrote him whenever they were apart....   

May I ask any proof of that? Maybe?

I would be please to give them some Elvis records. Like Jailhouse Rock, which cound maybe help them? I have forgotten what I other thoughts... at this moment.

Hugs!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile

I have this week off work and am thoroughly enjoying vegging-out and unwinding. I've been watching DVDs as part of the relaxation process, one of which was BBM yesterday. It's been some months since I last saw it and figured its strangle hold on me may have lessened a little. WRONG! I cried my way through it all over again, right from those very first iconic chords at the beginning of the movie.

I'm telling y'all this because, for me, after viewing BBM again yesterday, there really is only one response to the question, "What present would you like to give Jack and Ennis for Christmas?" For me, the only response to that question is, "A little cow and calf operation somewhere."

I would wish for sufficient wealth to be able to give it to them outright, the title deed in their joint names. I would make it an anonymous gift, with no connection to me. It would be theirs to do with as they wish, outright.

I've not read a lot of fanfic, but the closest to this ideal, for me, has to be Leslie's (MaineWriter) Quanah chronicles. It also had me in tears, but for happy reasons, because, thanks to Leslie's great writing skill, Jack and Ennis found happiness at Quanah. And that, in turn, brought happiness to me also. Thank you, Leslie. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν