Author Topic: TOTW 20/07: What present would you like to give Jack or Ennis for Christmas?  (Read 17903 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
I would like to give Ennis this phone call. It's a bit of a stretch, but I had o think of it while reading through this thread and I find it poignant.

(This was first posted on BM by Susiebell: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,3836.msg212059.html#msg212059)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
I would give them freedom and peace of mind:  I would give them both wholesome and happy childhoods then place them in present times in Calgary, Alberta, Canada so they wouldn't have to lead double lives or completely hide their feelings for each other and they could ride and camp as often as they wanted in the Rockies and even get married if they decided on that.  Merry Christmas, Jack and Ennis.  Isn't fantasy fun?!   :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
A joint Club Med membership, so Ennis can finally get around that coffee pot. And, Jack, well he can get a tan.

Offline Artiste

Wow, this is fun!

Brokeplex, you made me laugh by saying that for Jack he could have a tan! That brings up something?

Brokeplex, but why Club Med??

Rayn, since you can now have gay marriages in Canada, would that still be fantasy? May I ask?

Susiebell and Penthesilea, why would Ennis change his mind for wanting sweet life?? Please detail!!

I dare suggest that I would also give each some rubbers, yes rubbers!![/b]

Hugs!!  Merry Gay Holidays to all Ennis and Jacks and to all too on Bettermost and on Earth!! Freedom!!

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
Hi Artiste,

My gift, like all of them here, is a fantasy, of course.  To give J & E happy childhoods and a life together in Calgary, Alberta would make them different men in present day times.  I chose Alberta because that's where their life in the movie was filmed, but the Canadian people can be thanked for allowing greater freedom for all people in their beautiful nation, and yes, that's a real fact, but it's kinda secondary to the fantasy-gift.  Hope this make what I wrote clearer for you. 

Cheers~  :)

retropian

The Sweet Life. That's what I'd give them.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I've not read a lot of fanfic, but the closest to this ideal, for me, has to be Leslie's (MaineWriter) Quanah chronicles. It also had me in tears, but for happy reasons, because, thanks to Leslie's great writing skill, Jack and Ennis found happiness at Quanah. And that, in turn, brought happiness to me also. Thank you, Leslie. 

Oh, thank you Kerry. It was so nice to come online this morning and see this message. What a wonderful way to start the day!

For me, Jack and Ennis really do live in Quanah, in a turn of the century Queen Anne house that is painted rose with beige trim. Just my way to look at the world through rose colored glasses, I guess. :-)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´

I´d give them a trip to Spain in order they could get married. :-*
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

For me, Jack and Ennis really do live in Quanah, in a turn of the century Queen Anne house that is painted rose with beige trim. Just my way to look at the world through rose colored glasses, I guess. :-)

L

Leslie, thanks for your rose colored vision.  I read about Jack and Ennis at Quanah over and over and over..

Offline Artiste

Thanks Ryan!

Do you know that gay marriages are legal in Canada!!

You give me somehow an idea:
Since many gay men from the USA come to Canada to get married, that would be my added gift for Ennis and Jack; money for their marriage!!

Others from Canada or other countries are welcome to come too to get married, gay men, lesbian ladies... bienvenue, yes welcome!!

Hugs!! May freedom ring as we present gifts of hope to all Ennis' and Jack's in the gay and straight world!!