Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4567379 times)

vkm91941

Re: The 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2006, 08:59:06 pm »
I thought that you were posting in a manner reminiscent of Ennis - the taciturn, one word at a time kind of post, not overwhelming the reader with too much information, and making the full impact of each word hit home.  I felt the full weight of each letter you typed.

I was (I think we all were) deeply touched by the simple eloquence of your one-word posts David, and I'm not just saying that to add to my numbers...much.

;D

ditto, LOVE ya David! :-* and RAY what can I say except BAWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :laugh:

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #111 on: May 24, 2006, 09:59:15 pm »
I'm sorry to soap box this thing, but it needed to be said.  I'm glad I've gotten it off my chest.

Ray -

It's just so courageous of you to talk frankly about this.  It's hard sometimes to be so open and honest in a public forum, but please know even if we don't all agree, we support you in your right to say what must be said.

(and now, ladies & gentlemen, YaadPyar has 732!)
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #112 on: May 24, 2006, 10:00:41 pm »
I'm not saying this is the right thing to do exactly, but I'm wondering if we can convince Phillip to put a freeze on Vic's posting abilities until someone else is at least in site of her posting stats...would that be wrong?
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #113 on: May 24, 2006, 10:12:15 pm »
Ray - I think I love you!   :laugh: That was hilarious!

Offline David

« Reply #114 on: May 24, 2006, 11:14:37 pm »
I'm stewing over this!  Truely, what does it prove? It proves only that you can post nonsense to win an award!

Whoa!   Hold yer horses!    There is an AWARD?       :laugh:

Offline David

« Reply #115 on: May 24, 2006, 11:16:50 pm »
....and I would never prevent Ray from having the last word.   And I am unanimous on this!   (thankyou Mrs. Slocumb)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #116 on: May 24, 2006, 11:21:49 pm »
....and I would never prevent Ray from having the last word.   And I am unanimous on this!   (thankyou Mrs. Slocumb)

OMG!! I love Mrs Slocoumb and her infamous "pu..."!  Lol!

Offline David

« Reply #117 on: May 24, 2006, 11:26:48 pm »
OMG!  I know!   I loved the time she telephoned her neighbor to check on her cat because she was working late.    "Hello?   could you run over to my house and press your eye to the keyhole and tell me if you can see my pussy?"
And she says it without cracking a smile!

I almost fell of the couch laughing!    :laugh:

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #118 on: May 24, 2006, 11:43:43 pm »
OMG!  I know!   I loved the time she telephoned her neighbor to check on her cat because she was working late.    "Hello?   could you run over to my house and press your eye to the keyhole and tell me if you can see my pussy?"
And she says it without cracking a smile!

I almost fell of the couch laughing!    :laugh:

I know!! lol!
There is another one that kills me everytime:
Mrs Slocombe was trying to get home in a hurry after work and I can't remember if Mr Humphries was the one who asked her why she was in a rush, and she said: 
"If I don't get home before 8pm, my puss* will be upset and I'll have the spend the whole evening stroking it! "  :laugh: ...
Do you also know that her cat is called "Tiddles"? lol!

Are you being served is the best TV show ever!
And don't get me started on Mr Humphries!   LOL.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #119 on: May 25, 2006, 06:15:39 am »
Awww come on Leslie!      That is exactly how I see the boys in your FanFic!!     

That pic was supposed to be right after Ennis's Divorce, so it would be 1975 right?

When I see that pic, I think of Ennis & Jack buying those rings!!!    :)

1976 is when I have my story (Ennis's divorce was final in Nov 1975) so yes, that pic is how they would look--although I have said before, I'd like to lose the sideburns.

Picture the ring on Ennis's finger, because that is the hand I put them on (right).

And with this post I have reached 700! Hooray!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!