Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything about the reunion" thread  (Read 15597 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The "I LOVE everything about the reunion" thread
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 10:11:23 am »
I love that they both feel the spark, the connection equally, powerfully, irresistably, undeniably, overwhelmingly.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 10:13:02 am »
Am I breaking the rules by posting twice?  I'm terrible at rules, y'know...

I love that everything that remained unspoken between them during their entire summer on the mountain, and for the four long years after, is suddenly revealed and confirmed in their kiss.

NOTE by moderator - no you're not - you are posting one thought - PER POST - doin' everything just right!

Keep goin' girl!

Roland
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 05:09:24 pm by Roland »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 10:14:16 am »
If this breaks the rules, I'm doing it again.  Agueirre ain't got no right to make me do this.

I love that EVERYTHING changes and forever the moment they see each other again.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 10:36:03 am »
I love Jack's smile the moment he sees Ennis and hears "Jack Fuckin Twist!"
No more beans!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2006, 10:49:34 am »
I'll go ahead and break rules, too ;) and add this one:

I love the way Ennis holds Jack's postcard so reverently while he's reading it for the first time and even seems to stroke it with his left thumb, then re-reads it, this time mouthing the words.
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 12:53:00 pm »
I love that everything that remained unspoken between them during their entire summer on the mountain, and for the four long years after, is suddenly revealed and confirmed in their kiss.

Yes! In fact, I love even their hug -- the way they run toward each other and fly into each others' arms with such overjoyed faces, and how great a constrast this is to their demeanor when they parted in Signal.

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 02:06:08 pm »
I love the full on manly hug, the look in Ennis' eyes as he looks around to see if anyone's lookng at them, the look in Jack's eyes after Ennis kisses him, the joy in their eyes that rises from their hearts and how they have to force themselves back to "reality" to pull apart.  It's so damned clear they belong together!

Rayn
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 02:08:13 pm by Rayn »

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 08:44:55 am »
I love the way you can almost feel the electricity and lingering passion when they are standing there in the kitchen trying to talk calmly to Alma. It makes ME start breathing heavily just watching it.

Yes I felt that too.  If you read the book it says that Ennis,s hand brushed Jacks and electrical current snapped between them.  You could certainly see the sparks flying in the air!!
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 09:07:43 am »
I love that that scene with Alma takes place in the doorway to the kitchen, as opposed to the doorway to the living room.  The kitchen is the center of domesticity, isn't it?  The irony of Alma and Jack first meeting there never fails to astonish me.
No more beans!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 09:19:24 am »
OMG!    There is just too much to love in that whole scene!   

From Ennis reading the postcard,

His sitting by the window waiting,

The big smile on his face as he runs down the stairs,

The kiss of course, and the nuzzle made me melt!,

And Ennis being all smiley and giddy when when Jack meets Alma.

But when the boys take off, the whole mood changes.  I feel so bad for Alma.