Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything about the reunion" thread  (Read 15618 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
Re: The "I LOVE everything about the reunion" thread
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 11:44:31 pm »
I love that kind of squashed and shocked and amazed look on Jack's face in that brief moment after the first kiss, before Jack pushes Ennis against the opposite wall and they start in again. It's a look that says "all of my wildest dreams just came true and I can't believe it."
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 11:55:10 pm »
I love that kind of squashed and shocked and amazed look on Jack's face in that brief moment after the first kiss, before Jack pushes Ennis against the opposite wall and they start in again. It's a look that says "all of my wildest dreams just came true and I can't believe it."

For the third time today, Mel, excellent description of a facial expression!

And David, you are so nice. I got over feeling bad for Alma on viewing four or five. Not that she doesn't deserve the sympathy. Just that I'd exhausted my supply for her.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2006, 09:50:56 pm »
I thought The reunion scene was great and agree with all your comments. I do think the editing was a bit choppy just before they make contact at the foot of the stairs.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2006, 09:57:07 pm »

Love the Nuzzle!    :-*

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2006, 11:07:31 pm »
I love that, at times during the reunion kiss (such as pictured in the post above), Jack briefly to be on the verge of tears -- tears of surprise, tears of need, tears of gratitude, I imagine.  Wish I could ask him!
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

gattaca

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 10:01:55 am »
The expressions on both of their faces during this scene are indescribable. I honestly do not think there are words in the English language to adequately convey what they must be feeling.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 10:24:59 am by gattaca »

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2006, 11:53:03 am »

YES ... you've said it so welll, I love that look too.  It's all Jack was wishing for and his wish comes true.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2006, 04:25:51 pm »
I got over feeling bad for Alma on viewing four or five. Not that she doesn't deserve the sympathy. Just that I'd exhausted my supply for her.

In all my viewings, the shock on Alma's face always sends shivers down my spine. And that just after the reunion kiss that makes 'my tummy flutter'. The same way I felt when Aguirre was spying on them, just after the happy tussle. Exhausted, yes, exactly how I felt when I left the theater.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 03:03:46 pm by belbbmfan »
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2006, 04:56:08 pm »
A reminder

The "I Love Everything ... Brokeback" forum is a little different from other areas at BetterMost. Guidelines have been posted in the Welcome Centre (first thread, top of page one) and they request the following:

<<You will notice that most of the posts on these threads fall into a format consisting of short "one shot deal" comments that do not require or even encourage discussion. This will not be applied as a "rule" but rather as a guideline. (argumental type comments are highly discouraged)>>

Please try and format your posts to respect this guideline, by using the title of the thread (ie: I LOVE ... about the reunion) as frequently as possible ... and thank you.

Roland
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 02:39:40 pm »
thank you for that reminder Roland. I surely don't want to do anything against rules  :)

I love the way Jack shakes his head as he runs towards Ennis. He's happy (relieved maybe?) that Ennis is so pleased to see him. And that is before the hugging and kissing starts.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'