Author Topic: Re: Notes for Janice!!  (Read 440892 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Notes for Janice!!
« Reply #770 on: June 10, 2012, 09:01:16 pm »

http://www.thehomeplanet.org/2012/06/los-angeles-pride-pictures/

Gay pride LA.  Adams mom, brother Neil, and his gfriend Alissa.

If you shock easily,, don't look.. otherwise, nice laugh....

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #771 on: June 12, 2012, 07:39:02 am »
lol @ the desserts!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #772 on: June 17, 2012, 07:02:54 pm »
   That is a group me and my family would gladly and proudly hang with.  I love the sense of humor, and the absolute way they live the life, they promote. 

Our family is having a sort of divide. Of our reunions and meetings.  Every year the family of my husband and his siblings and the grand, and great grand children have a reunion on the 4th of July.  It is held in a large park, near Knotts Berry Farm in the southern California area.  Myself and my ex-sis-in-law started this thing back when our children were little, 50 yrs ago or so.  We moved to Ore. over thirty years ago.  In the interim period, the yearly group meets have continued.  We only attended one more of them ourselves.  It was on the occasion of my husbands fathers 90th birthday celebration.
   This year, it is supposed to be a huge celebration, and many of the  people my children grew up with in our neighborhood, are attending.  As well as the family.  I know there will probably be up to 4 or 5 hundred people there.
The issue that makes us not want to attend, is that the family has grown with the national religious right people, in their more strident ways.  We used to know more or less everyone "believed in the Pentacost."  They are mostly Pentacostal in their choice of sect.  This was the result of a grandfather, and his children in my husbands family  being Pastors, and "Preachers."  They were usually called "Preacher.  Being from Okla. for the most part.  I could cite you many instances of the depth of the belief they had in God healing and the extent his grandfather went to in order to show his devout compliance.  I might say right here, my husband hated him for many of these kinds of
actions.  He went to many a "Camp Meeting," and slept on the ground, along with every Sunday and Wednesdays at church.  But with all of these kinds of participations, they never as I would say were pushy about it.   They would, when we first married, try to make me, and the rest of the new marrieds comply with the denomination.  In my case they tried to tell me I should not wear pants, or god forbid shorts around them, or even in public.  I soon let them know "they were not going to start telling me what to wear."  "My own parents didn't do that, and they for sure weren't going to do it either."  Having never been a person to display overt clothing style, I didn't see and still don't see any need for an inlaw telling me my choice of attire.  I am always appropriate, and clean.  I think that is good enough. 
   Back to the problem,  these people now dress pretty much the way I do, and don't seem to have any particular need for cover ups beyond the normal everyday attire chosen by the people that live in the warm so. Cal area.
But they are becoming like the right wing people these days, very politically overt and expound about it at the least inclination.  My family being completely opposite of this tact, plus very overtly the opposite to them in our beliefs, will feel the wrath of some of that, when going there, I am certain.  We would all love to go, my kids would love to see again and introduce their own children, and grand children to many of these people.  Most of their cousins, and particularly the neighboorhood friends they grew up with.  But we know it would be an expensive undertaking, and logistically difficult, it could result in quite a breach of the family.  We would ideally like to go and stay for an hour or so and leave, before any problem could ensue.  The financial result of that would be silly.  Therefor we will not go.  Its unfortunate, but we do not wish to start a family scandal.  I hope they all have fun and we may send a skipe or a video to be played there...safer...its hard to cast aspersion or argue with a video..

It does make me sad.  That the thing that should bring families together, is now causing these kinds of rifts.  Mostly it is because of the old guard becoming so strident, and encouraging the others in their group, and mindset to not only "agree, to disagree."  That being one of my favorite sayings.  But to try and say the others are unfit people, and are "going to rot in Hell."  "I don't think we will."  It is sad.  I am sure that if they know of my strong defense of the gay issues, such as equal right to marriage, equal rights to all things, and that my favorite singer is the very flamboyant Adam Lambert.  They would certainly have something negative to add to that.
   When he came second to Kris Allen on Idol, we happened to be at the home of his sister, and her daughters family.  When I asked to watch some of the televised reports of his singing, and said how much of a fan of his I was.  I was told, "I don't know, he sings ok, but there is something off about him."  I am very aware of the "off" thing.  It was before the RS article where he came out.  But we all agreed that he was different, but in the very good ways an entertainer should be.  I added he is probably gay.  They gave such a me such a look, at that remark.  It was almost like I had said he was Typhoid Mary.  I defended his singing ability passionately, and said "what difference does it make if he is gay?"  I still do not get that thought process.  Its not like he is going to infect people, with his gayness.  He is not going to molest you, or your family members.  I just don't get it.
I would come to a screaming match to defend him, to anyone making hate filled and derogatory remarks about him.  I have a great deal of love and protective feeling for hiim.  I have spent many many hours disputing the negative hate remarks made on various formats.  I would not hesitate to do that with them either.  I am an unashamed Glambert, and he puts so much sunshine in my life, I can be nothing but grateful.  That is much more
than I will ever be able to say for them.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #773 on: June 27, 2012, 01:09:04 pm »

Gaydar Radio-
You can install this and listen to it anytime online.

http://radioplayer.gaydarradio.com/radioplayer/Default.asp?skip=Y&from=player&rate=128&cb2=&cb=2012627.4246586.62165180131.53535.2305

They play a variable choice of music, and give news that is of concern and informative to the  LGBT community.  It is European based
and seems to have a much more generous attitude about the gay life.  They reported while I was listening earlier, about some guy in
Egypt saying that gays aren't even people.  I don't know what he thinks they are.  Maybe a higher glittery life form, from the Planet Fierce.  Thats kind of what everyone says Adam is.  His brother Neil started that opinion about him being an alien.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #774 on: June 30, 2012, 07:35:00 pm »

Adam and Qjeen Live from the Kiev Ukraine concert.....

Who Wants to Live Forever.   one of my favorite Queen songs.

[youtube=425,350]
[/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #775 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:44 am »
              [youtube=425,350
&feature=youtu.be    youtube]

download entire concert....adam queen in kiev

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #776 on: July 04, 2012, 06:39:56 pm »

Some great professional photos, from the Moscow and Kiev concerts...

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/BV.aspx?ref=IE8Activity&a=http%3A%2F%2Fsergeadamovich.livejournal.com%2F223655.html

From Russian News,   translated to English by Microsoft....

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #777 on: July 07, 2012, 05:48:51 am »

full two hours of Adam and Queen in Kiev

c[youtube=425,350]
[/youtube]

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #778 on: July 15, 2012, 01:55:43 am »

SIR ELTON JOHN   The boy that changed my life....Ryan White

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2173528/Elton-John-book-Singer-pays-tribute-AIDS-victim-Ryan-White.html

Good article about how Elton John turned his life around and started to do the good that he is famous for these days.

Beautiful mind

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #779 on: July 24, 2012, 01:30:35 am »
hi

Beautiful mind