Author Topic: What's there sexuality?  (Read 7136 times)

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
Re: What's there sexuality?
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 03:34:39 am »
I probably should have added. That I wasn't saying he definitely did. But maybe he did. I mean life is just one great big pool of oddness, toughness, mind screws, weirdness and ambiguity that no one can simplify unless they are dumb enough to believe that everything has one meaning and not a meaning with in a meaning with in a meaning with in a meaning like a never ending (almost) Babushka doll. And I only said that Ennis may have because either he was straight to begin with and when he fell in love with Jack all his homosexuality got brought to the surface and he hadn't known it was there, or he had known it was there but having the sight of a mutilated Earl seared into his memory banks as a kid he suppressed it long enough that it was buried (until Jack came along) or he was bisexual the whole time. Or he was like me and had physical reactions to the opposite gender but needs a relationship with the same gender on an emotional, psychological as well as sexual level or........Which brings me back to the never ending Babushka doll. There are so many possibilities to things and answers to things.

Anyway, that just what I think.

Oh, Artiste, by asking ages and times, do mean what is my age and what year was I born? if so, I'm 23 and 1984.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 07:48:31 pm »
Thanks Kateness!

So you are much younger than I am (am in my 60's)!!

Young stud you are Kateness, so do you view life differently than I do??

How?? If your prefer, then talk about the BM movie or book, instead only!

Hugs!

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 01:52:29 am »
I don't know if I view life differently from you. Ummmm. In a nutshell, and put in a very short way. I view life as not black or white, or black, grey and white. But all colours of the rainbow.

There is more of what I think on my blog. Which I'm going to be adding to as soon as I hit post on this one.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 07:36:17 am »
gee, I dunno, have to think about it a while....
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 07:50:22 am »
I love the pic in your sig, Twisteddude.

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2008, 06:36:23 pm »
Um. They love each other, they have sex with each other. Gay, I'd say!  :)

Without meaning to sound like a smart ass, shouldn't it be "their" in the thread title?

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 09:41:16 am »
Caveat

As a heterosexual female, I have had the luxury of falling in love without fear.  I’ve not had to hide my love so I’m perhaps not equipped to pass comment on Jack and Ennis’ sexuality as I cannot speak from experience.  That being said, I would like to join in this discussion.

Jack

I think that Jack was gay.  He checked out the rodeo cowboy in the bar and was given a fairly swift brush off.  He was told by Ennis that their relationship would never be out in the open.  Lureen came along after these events and we saw him dance with her, but gaze of into the distance whilst looking over her shoulder.  He looked ‘thoughtfully sad’.  I think he was contemplating whether or not he should continue with her.  He had sex with her that evening and the next thing we, the viewers, see is that she is pregnant-was it a one night stand?  Did he simply do his duty, or see her as his ‘cover’? We never see Jack with any other female, only Ennis, male prostitutes and the assumption that he started a relationship with Randall.  He had sexual desire for men.

Ennis

I honestly believe that for Ennis, what he did with Jack was not a homosexual act.  He talks about “two guys living together” and “get together once in a while”.  He doesn’t actually talk about them BEING together.  He is with women throughout, there is not even a hint that he has had a relationship with any other man.  I think that he controlled his life, however “this thing” he had with Jack was the one thing he couldn’t control, “because a’ you I’m like this”.  I have said in other posts that I do not think that Ennis EVER tried to rationalise his feelings deeper.  I think that his relationship with Jack was what it was and he didn’t ever actually think through what it meant for him.  Ultimately, I don’t think that he saw himself as having sex with a man, I think he made love with Jack.   

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 01:18:38 pm »
Thanks Sandy!

Your candid (frank view if I may say) is great! More please!!

Do you think that Ennis was not gay, but since alcoholic ( as in depressed then as child, youth... and depressive as adolescent and young man, and man), therefore, sex with Jack was just a secret manly thing to do... as for fun and/or booze?? - Do we call that doing the plank in the gay world- ?? As buddy to buddy only?? Not as gay with another gay guy sex and love!!

Ennis had just a sense of comfort with Jack, until he said: Jack, I swear...??

Awaiting your news and more comment on this thread,

hugs!