Author Topic: The Politics of Dancing  (Read 13512 times)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Politics of Dancing
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 07:11:53 am »

A legendary cover of the German newsmagazine "Der Spiegel" from 2002 (allegedly G.W. Bush liked it...):

(=The Bush Warriors - America's crusade against evil)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 09:48:19 am »
Thanks Barb, feel so honored ;)

Hope this one is not too mean.

Hell, you couldn't imagine one mean enough for my liking.   :D
No more beans!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 09:51:17 am »
Barby you is my twin sistah from anotha motha!

O0

Amen, sistah!  And I'm still loving the "you'd walk through a furnace in a gasoline suit..." bit.   ;D
No more beans!

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 11:58:00 am »
 According to the poll, I got a 10 out of 10 and am a "pure, unabashed, die-hard democratic loyalist". I'd say I'm even more to the left than that  ;D
But what's all that about France and the French in the questions??
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 12:33:40 pm »
According to the poll, I got a 10 out of 10 and am a "pure, unabashed, die-hard democratic loyalist". I'd say I'm even more to the left than that  ;D
But what's all that about France and the French in the questions??
Same here Isabelle! 10 out of 10. And same question about the France/French questions..  ::)

I like the 'question': "In a perfect World, America would be - France"... (or something to that effect).

Got 0 for the Republican Loyalty Quiz! Yey! --> "Your score is 0 on a scale of 1 to 10. You are a pure, unabashed, die-hard Democratic loyalist. [ ...]."

~ j U d E
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:39:00 pm by JudeW »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 03:41:05 pm »
For those of you who enjoy a few punchlines toward you-know-who by the comedians or talk show hosts, who do you think is the harshest when it comes to criticize or make fun of him?

My Vote is for Bill Maher

Watched his show sporadically.  5/12’s show was hilarious and boldest that I have seen for a while in terms of the subject matter here.  Following is part of the transcript:

And finally, New Rule: George Bush has to stop laughing at himself. When you're incompetence literally costs lives, giggling at it isn't cute or funny. You know, there's a guy who's been running around the country pretending he's the president, and I believe his name is George Bush. And he wants everyone to know that he doesn't take himself too seriously. Which is working out great, because now nobody else in the world does either.

You know, if the Republicans really want to joke around, I've got one for you. Knock, knock.

AUDIENCE: Who's there?

MAHER: Hillary. Now, this is our last show of the season, and I'm rather proud that we've gone all 13 weeks without once making George Bush the subject of our show-ending editorial. Because I didn't want to start sounding like a broken record. Or, to you kids, a degraded MP3 file. Oh, there may have been a stray George Bush punchline here and there. But, come on. I am a comedian and he is a retard.

But, f*** it, this is our, this is our last show. This is our last show for a while and I just want to say that when we come back on August 25th, the week of Bill Clinton's 60th birthday, and a great time for him to do the show. Wouldn't you love to see him do the show, folks? Bill Clinton, everywhere I go. So, your move, Mr. President. But when we come back, I hope we're only months away from the beginning of impeachment proceedings.

But, wait. But not for what you think. Now, of course there is a laundry list of valid reasons for impeaching this president. But George Bush and his nest of vipers don't deserve to be impeached with dignity for transgressions involving lofty affairs of state. They deserve the far worse state that Clinton got: being impeached for absolutely nothing at all!

And that's why I want to impeach Bush over the fact that he lied about that fish! He said he caught a perch twice as large as any perch that's ever been caught! And that's a lie about a fish! In a time of war! And if he will lie about a fish, then...something, something, something, what do we tell the children? What do we tell Mrs. Paul?! That perch was as American as a McDonald's fish sandwich. Assuming for the sake of argument that a McDonald's fish sandwich contained fish.

So, Mr. President, don't laugh at yourself, because breaking the law is not cute. Having Americans torture people isn't adorable. Leaving poor people to drown wasn't enchanting. And WMD's wasn't a shaggy dog story. So, I'll make a deal with you. We won't impeach you if you just stay on your estate — I mean "ranch" — and fish on your man-made lake. For perch. Maybe you'll beat your own record.

But, for the next three years, just don't touch anything. I was wrong when I criticized you for taking too much vacation time. It couldn't be more the reverse. Take all the "me" days you want. But if you get any big ideas and try to do something, you know, like go to Mars or put the Ten Commandments on the flag, or turn the ports over to the Amish, then we're going to have to put you in the only place we can be sure we can be safe from you. And it looks like this. [photo shown of David Blaine's water-filled Plexiglas globe]

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 04:05:40 pm by JennyC »

vkm91941

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 10:39:18 pm »

vkm91941

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 10:40:27 pm »

vkm91941

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 10:40:50 pm »

vkm91941