Author Topic: Brokeback Memorabilia  (Read 31358 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Brokeback Memorabilia
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2013, 07:12:59 am »
I have a pencil sketch of my favourite scene, drawn for me by the same Brokie.

I sent her a little stone from one of the filming locations. I didn't know her but knew she would appreciate it very much, and in return she drew me a beautiful sketch which I treasure.

I love the way BBM treasures travel the world between Brokies.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline x-man

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, 09:32:36 am »
 :)  This is a question for those of you who have actually seen The Shirts, or know about this:  What is the reaction of people seeing them?  Do people just stare at them dumbly?  Do they start to cry?  Is there any emotional reaction at all?  I don't think I could look at them without losing it, and probably saying, "Jack, I swear."
Happiness is the lasting pleasure of the mind grasping the intelligible order of reality.      --Leibniz

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, 12:42:14 pm »
There seem to be a variety of different reactions, many that you listed.

When I saw the shirts, I didn't have an emotional reaction to them, I wanted to see them "in the flesh" after seeing them in the movie.

I remember a gathering in LA where Diana Ossana was a guest speaker.  She took time afterwards to talk to the Brokies, and BayCityJohn was there, wearing his shirt that he got off ebay, that Heath had worn in the movie.

While John was talking to Diana, he mentioned the shirt, and she recognized it, and had not seen it since filming.  An expression of awe/joy came over her face, and she reached out ran her hand down John's arm.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 08:38:27 am »
New ebay posting - $2,000 obo

HEATH LEDGER & JAKE GYLLENHAAL AUTOGRAPHED BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN MOVIE POSTER

Autographed By Actors w/ Character Names Signed Also.
Signed at Wrap party for Focus Films who produced this motion picture

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEATH-LEDGER-JAKE-GYLLENHAAL-AUTOGRAPHED-BROKEBACK-MOUNTAIN-MOVIE-POSTER-/231083088196

Original 27" x  40" Signed Theatrical Movie Poster of the Landmark 2005 Focus Films Release "Brokeback Mountain" Starring The Late Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal

WITH VERIFIED AUTHENTIC AUTOGRAPHS OF THE LATE HEATH LEDGER AND CURRENT ACTOR JAKE GYLLENHAAL PLUS THEIR CHARACTER NAMES.

Most signed items you find on "Brokeback Mountain" or by The Late Heath Ledger only show his name signed on the photo, poster or other memorabilia. This Listing is Unique:

Heath Ledger signed his name in bold gold marker plus his character's name "Ennis Del Mar" underneath his signature.

Jake Gyllenhaal signed his name in bold gold marker plus his character's name "Jack Twist" underneath his signature.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 12:23:43 pm »
Brokeback Mountain 2007 and 2008 Calenders Unopened New
Starting bid, $20, $30 BIN.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brokeback-Mountain-2007-and-2008-Calenders-Unopened-New-/221400705619?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2014, 03:36:20 pm »
I was lucky to buy these off Ebay, and they arrived today in excellent condition.

Thank you so much for posting the link, bf!!

I never check on Ebay, so would have missed them if it weren't for you.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2014, 04:30:48 pm »
:)  This is a question for those of you who have actually seen The Shirts, or know about this:  What is the reaction of people seeing them?  Do people just stare at them dumbly?  Do they start to cry?  Is there any emotional reaction at all?  I don't think I could look at them without losing it, and probably saying, "Jack, I swear."

I have had the opportunity once to actually launder the shirts! EDelMar, who owns at least four of the shirts used in the film (he got them at the same time as he got the Truck) asked me to wash them as they were getting rather ripe smelling. I hand washed them in a stream while naked separately in ivory soap flakes, rinsed them gently without wringing, and hung them to dry on a wire hanger on a nail. What a marvelous experience!

When the shirts were on display in my town's art museum as part of an exhibit on Rockmount Ranch Wear's history, they were hung on a door just like in the movie, and the door was mounted in the former nave of a church which has become the art museum. That really did bring tears to my eyes.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline morrobay

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 04:38:04 pm »
I was lucky to buy these off Ebay, and they arrived today in excellent condition.

Thank you so much for posting the link, bf!!

I never check on Ebay, so would have missed them if it weren't for you.

Oh, I'm so glad the link helped, and that you got them! 

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 04:48:02 pm »
 :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 12:41:36 am »
I have had the opportunity once to actually launder the shirts! EDelMar, who owns at least four of the shirts used in the film (he got them at the same time as he got the Truck) asked me to wash them as they were getting rather ripe smelling. I hand washed them in a stream while naked separately in ivory soap flakes, rinsed them gently without wringing, and hung them to dry on a wire hanger on a nail. What a marvelous experience!

:)

When the shirts were on display in my town's art museum as part of an exhibit on Rockmount Ranch Wear's history, they were hung on a door just like in the movie, and the door was mounted in the former nave of a church which has become the art museum. That really did bring tears to my eyes.

They're still shown at the Rockmount store! :)

Now I wonder if they could even be hanging on the real closet door from the movie... It sure looks the same.